Supercharger Installed!!

Dadz500

Established Member
All I can say is that Roush FINALLY came out with a pretty good tune! I have had several Roush RS3's and always felt like they had to be tuned to drive properly. This tune pretty much has it nailed down. Sure you can tune it and get more power and all that, there is always room for more. i just wanted anyone to know that was wondering about how the tune is, the answer, IMO is that it is pretty decent/good and miles above their old tunes.

The car feels good, pulls hard and drives stock and civil when you want it to do so. Between the Suspension, Brake and now this mod, I am very happy. Still waiting for a couple more suspension parts and once some good coil-overs come out I will change out my Steeda springs for them but the car handles very well with the Steeda front X member and the Steeda Springs and Eibach front/rear upgraded Sway Bars. Still have the IRS bushing kit and Axle kit to install but am trying to wait until coil-overs are available so I can do it all at once.

Dadz500

Established Member
Thanks. I will post some photos as soon as it stops raining. I want her to be clean for her debut and she may possibly have her new shoes in the next day or two as well. I know they were just finished and shipped last Friday.

Dcrypter

Established Member
Welcome to the Roush/FR blower club buddy glad to have you here :)

Just as a head up, I've had my wrench light come on recently and the car has acted funny a couple times with no throttle along with going into limp mode a couple times for no apparent reason. I called Roush and they said it sounds like a TB issue(either lose pins or a faulty TB) but to have a dealer pull codes and talk to them so that's what i'm going to do. It only happened after about 2000 miles after the install too so I thought that was a little odd. Just something to watch out for I suppose.

Dadz500

Established Member
The calibration certainly leaves much to be desired after driving it for a few days. Cold start ups it has a very strange idle/surge and the RPM's hang like crazy.

I spoke with Justin at VMP and he is not ready yet to perfect the tune but is working on it. I am hoping Roush will come out with a new tune quickly to at least make the car run properly.

Still makes for a very fun ride even with the couple of issues but it would be nice to get them fixed. Not to mention my MPG's have probably been cut by 50% during normal driving.

Dadz500

Established Member
Id put those upgraded half shafts in right away before you snap the stock ones!

Those are getting installed when my suspension is pulled apart for coil-overs, once they come out. I will continue to drive the car easy until them (not too easy) but don't think I am in any danger of snapping them unless I start launching the car, which I have yet to do.

Dcrypter

Established Member
Those are getting installed when my suspension is pulled apart for coil-overs, once they come out. I will continue to drive the car easy until them (not too easy) but don't think I am in any danger of snapping them unless I start launching the car, which I have yet to do.

They seem sturdy enough until you get some good rubber and start really grabbing on launches, FRPP and Bama only broke them with slicks. You're probably good for at least a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread