Supercharger Install

olaosunt

Established Member
New poster but long time lurker here.
I bought a TVS for my 5.0,82 mm pulley,SCT and tune for long tube headers from VMP for $6200.Installed by Don Hinds Ford in Fishers Indiana for$560(quoted 8 hours labour at $65/hour).Bought JBA titanium coated long tubes for $1000 from Stage 3 and installed by Don Hinds for $400.It was too loud with Roush axle back so I switched with my 2011 GT500 mufflers and now sounds awesome.
I want to dyno tune and send logs to Justin before I run it at the strip but the car feels incredible fast(seat of the pants faster than my 2011 GT500 with pulley and tune -for now).I have not had much luck so far with the Nitto 555R DR hooking at the strip-on either car -( best 60ft time with GT500 was 1.85,with ET of 12.01@120mph) so may need to get a set of MT
I would love to load picture of the kona" blues brothers" but not sure how to do it.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
New poster but long time lurker here.
I bought a TVS for my 5.0,82 mm pulley,SCT and tune for long tube headers from VMP for $6200.Installed by Don Hinds Ford in Fishers Indiana for$560(quoted 8 hours labour at $65/hour).Bought JBA titanium coated long tubes for $1000 from Stage 3 and installed by Don Hinds for $400.It was too loud with Roush axle back so I switched with my 2011 GT500 mufflers and now sounds awesome.
I want to dyno tune and send logs to Justin before I run it at the strip but the car feels incredible fast(seat of the pants faster than my 2011 GT500 with pulley and tune -for now).I have not had much luck so far with the Nitto 555R DR hooking at the strip-on either car -( best 60ft time with GT500 was 1.85,with ET of 12.01@120mph) so may need to get a set of MT
I would love to load picture of the kona" blues brothers" but not sure how to do it.

I just sold my 5.0 with LT's mind you it doesnt have a tvs and it FELT faster then my new 12 GT500 only cause it was louder and the gearing in my gt500 has 3.55 to my old 5.0's 3.73.
They DO IMO feel faster when louder but that's just me:beer:

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
I actually feel the opposite is the case.
When I had the Roush axle back on the 5.0 it was so loud all I could focus on was the nosie.It actually felt immediately faster but quieter with the GT500 axlebacks.May be the car likes some back pressure since the the Chambered exhaust is not as free flowing as the roush.
I have the Roush axle backs now on the Gt500(no headers) and it sounds better than it did on the 5.0 with headers (I may still prefer the stock sound) but not as quick as with stock set up.I will leave them on for now but if/when I do headers on the GT500 I will definitely need to go back to a stock axle back.
If someone with a 2011-2012 GT500 wants to swap their axle back for the Roush I would ,otherwise I will need to pony up the $300 for another new set.:dw:

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Funny, but I always thought my 5.0 felt faster with the stock mufflers than with the Roush axle-backs. With the loud mufflers, it sounds like you are getting into the car on just half throttle. With the stock mufflers, it feels like the car is barely working compared to the acceleration you are attaining. Of course, that doesn't mean I took the Roush off . . .

Olaosunt, sounds like you have a good hookup for installation.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I had never done an install of a blower until this weekend. With the help of the how to on here, taking my time and following the instructions, and of course a buddy that knows wiring we knocked out the install in 16ish hours, probably closer to 14 figuring in runs to autozone and the occasional peice that didnt quite want to cooperate or the instructions that were vague as hell.

olaosunt

Established Member
I know I got a real good deal from my Ford dealer on installation:banana:.Brad the guy who does the installation is a great guy( and so is my service Guy -Steve) and goes to the strip often(I have not run in to him yet).
My rear gears(3.73)on the GT500 started to whine after a few trips to the strip but they are changing them for me now under warrant even though they know what I do with the car.Since I had saved so much money on my other installs/and the installation is free I decided I might as well do the Detroit Tru Trac like I had in my 2006 GT with M90 (It cut consistent 1.65 60 foot times) I hope this helps as I am barely and rarely in high-mid 1.8 range with my GT500 with tune and pulley-with Nitto's.If that along with the LCA's and relocation brackets don't help,I saved enough to have a pair of MT ready to go.If that does not help well.....May be some more driver mods:shrug:
I finally figured out how to post picture so Here are my "kona Blues brothers"--Corny I know
photo14pl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread