Supercharged MPG

97cobraconvert

Established Member
I have a dilemma. My wife is cool with me supercharging the 5.0, as long as I don't kill the gas mileage under normal driving. She likes for us to take trips in it to the beach, her families mountain house and so on. I think the paxton style would do better than the roush. But I need real life data. Can you guys post up your results. Mine is a '12 A6 convertible.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
with me, the wife, 2 kids, loaded with luggage, we got a little over 24mpg on the trip to Chicago and back

mhyjek

Established Member
Yeah pretty much what everyone else said same as stock if not better, just depends on tune and discipline not getting on the pedal. Which is not easy...

Thalilbear02

Established Member
For the first few days obviously you're going to want to see what it can do. I was at one point at 9MPG from screwing around, but if you drive it just like before, nice and easy, you'll see the same or a tiny bit better than stock. I've got a Vortech on mine.

SryOfcr

Established Member
Stock 5.0 Vortech v3 Jlt intake no cats 70mph cruise control 24 mph with a 3.73 in the rear!
On a nt05r 305 45 18!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I drove mine from NY to Brenspeed in IN, and back. Had fun with a few cars during the trip, and still got 25.5mpg.

greyhk2

Established Member
Why is my mpg so bad?

Why the heck am I the only one getting such terrible gas mileage less than 12 mpg?

It's just a stock 2014 Track Pack car with a stock Stage I Roushcharger. It's got less than 400 miles so far, and I don't even drive it hard.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Geez, According to my dash, I only get 11.6 mpg.

Why the heck am I the only one getting such terrible gas mileage less than 12 mpg?

It's just a stock 2014 Track Pack car with a stock Stage I Roushcharger. It's got less than 400 miles so far, and I don't even drive it hard.

I dont know where everyone is getting these numbers from:shrug: It seems like people are "achieving" better-than-manufacturer MPG rating. If you're going by the gauge, it's not accurate. You can only do this by filling up then calculating the MPG by the dividing miles driven by the gallons it took to fill tank. My gauge always ran higher than the actual.

Having said that, I did get a tad more on the hwy, but lost about 1.5mpg in "normal" city driving. I do have a conservative tune though which may be less lean than other tunes, using more gas.

So Im about 21mpg with 80MPH, about 22-23 at around 70MPH, and about 14.5-15 in city, NOT gunning it. Thats with mods in sig (331 gears)

I'm seeing about the same mileage as stock.

you drive slow sid?
RC

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I dont know where everyone is getting these numbers from:shrug: It seems like people are "achieving" better-than-manufacturer MPG rating. If you're going by the gauge, it's not accurate. You can only do this by filling up then calculating the MPG by the dividing miles driven by the gallons it took to fill tank. My gauge always ran higher than the actual.

Having said that, I did get a tad more on the hwy, but lost about 1.5mpg in "normal" city driving. I do have a conservative tune though which may be less lean than other tunes, using more gas.

So Im about 21mpg with 80MPH, about 22-23 at around 70MPH, and about 14.5-15 in city, NOT gunning it. Thats with mods in sig (331 gears)

you drive slow sid?
RC

I calculated mine after driving all the way to Indiana and back to NY and my gauge was within 1mpg of my actual. Actually, my gauge read lower (24.7mpg) and it calculated out to 25.5. I def don't average 25.5 usually, but on the trip it was very impressive. On average, which includes horsing around a lot in town, I see in the 16mpg range. You CAN get decent mileage with the blower on it, but it is also just as easy to get horrible mileage, all depending on how much you use the fun pedal

Users who are viewing this thread