Superbowl Ford GT Commercials inside!!

SuperChanger

2 Badass Ford Trucks
Established Member
hmm i want to see that car vs a viper at the track. Can't wait to see what modding will be done to it. Treynor better hide those vipers :lol1: j/k

Nix112

Eastbound and Down
Established Member
Originally posted by SuperChanger
hmm i want to see that car vs a viper at the track. Can't wait to see what modding will be done to it. Treynor better hide those vipers :lol1: j/k

A few months back, Road and Track tested it against the Ferrari 360 Modena. Awesome article, but here are a few points that stand out.

"The power from the supercharged 5.4 liter V-8 is tremendous, especially when accelerating off a corner onto a straightaway. the loud rumble emitting from the GT at full throttle is not unlike the ear-piercing growl of the GT40. Compared with the Ferrari 360 Modena, the Ford GT's horsepower advantage wins the acceleration contest hands down. And through various chicanes, the GT's road-holding ability also exceeds the Ferrari's. This is also shown in our slalom test. the Ford supercar can thread its way through the cones at an amazing average speed of 69.5MPH, that's more than 2MPH faster than the Modena's 67.4MPH pace. "

"The Ford GT easily outpaces the Ferrari 360 Modena. On the track, making the Modena go fast requires smooth steering input and knowing how to extract power from the high-revving engine, whereas the GT has so much torque and lateral grip in reserve that a quick pace can be achieved in a shorter amount of time"

"It is about time that a U.S. automaker enters the supercar ranks. Riding on the Blue Oval's rich motorsport heritage, the Ford GT serves as the perfect car to bring the kind of spirit and excitement craved by all enthusiasts back into its production cars. and why not challenge the best in class the first time out? Watch out. America is roaring back to the top."

-Road and Track, December 2003

It truely is a great era to be a Ford owner.:-D

bullitt543

Established Member
Does anyone know where to get the videos that were playing at the NAIS cars show. With the Ford GT, 05 Stang and Shelby Cobra?
-Mike

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
> This is also shown in our slalom test. the Ford supercar can
> thread its way through the cones at an amazing average
> speed of 69.5MPH

Amusingly, if you look at this month's Road & Track on page 144, the Viper SRT/10 and the Ford GT stats are just a few lines apart. The cars are almost identical on paper - same power, the Viper has an edge on grip and braking while the GT is slightly faster through the slalom. The only stat which is wildly different is that the Viper costs about 1/2 of the GT...

Personally I like the GT, but that $150K price is way out of line with the car's capabilities.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Does any body else agree with me when i say, " i love my mustang, but i'll sure trade it in for a Ford GT!"

Users who are viewing this thread