super 44 sound clips anyone??

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
here is my first try at doing some video uploads and whatnot. so anyhow it's my 02' L with newly "built" motor, wms stage 2 cams, wms stage 3 heads, jdm longtubes, kooks hi-flow cats, and a jdm silver bullet cat back minus the silver bullets (magnafro"s) and flowmaster super 44's in their place.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K28eDPFJCFY"]YouTube - 02 lightning w/ super 44's part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRYE94s0l84"]YouTube - 02 lightning w/ super 44's part 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdWk3if_5W4"]YouTube - 02 lightning w/ super 44's part 3[/ame]

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
sounds good. what is the idle at? to me it just seems like everyone here that has cams has a high idle or is it just me? do you have gold wheels? it looks sweet.

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
thanks guys. yeah the wheels were inspired by them subaru's. they are harley davidson "smokey gold". i was looking to do a bronze but this gold was just right and i got the paint for free:rollseyes when i worked at the harley dealer. the cams are idleing at recomended rpm. when i first installed them they idled so low i couldn't hold an idle even with setting tps voltage. i then bumped em up to about 600 rpm@ idle but the truck would stumble on a rev or accelaration so it got bumped again to about 900 and resetting tps voltage.

en89vo

Established Member
I was thinking about a 40 series on mine, I had one on my Jeep and it sounded great, idk though....There are so many options with this truck, I just want mine to be loud at WOT and high flowing so I actually gain something. Yours sounds great though, and I love the colors! Maybe your emblems would look good that color too?!

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member

Hmm, uhh yeah, sorry man but ya hear that sloppy sound you get that makes the truck sound cheap after you rev it...? that is EXACTLY the sound i am avoiding. again sorry but i just don't want my truck to sound like my arse after eating a bowl of chili and drinking beer.:rolling:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
ya hear that sloppy sound you get that makes the truck sound cheap after you rev it...? that is EXACTLY the sound i am avoiding
+1 on that one.

That is what made me not get the silver bullet set up. It's retarded loud but has the crap sound.

I dont understand how the comp r exhaust sounds so bad ass and nice and other set ups that are really free flowing sound cheap. I guess it's all in the muffler.:shrug:

Last edited:

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
+1 on that one.

I guess it's all in the muffler.:shrug:
you mean glasspack (at least when it come to the magna flos). thats all the magnaflos are is a glorrified over priced glasspack. if you gonna run them you can save yourself some money and get some cherrybombs. for that matter the dynomax bullets are the same thing as well. moroso has a different take on them though. they have a bullet style body but inside is a spiral design baffle. i would try them first over anything else. i also had the dyno mx mufflers but they sounded just as bad as the magnaflows but with a little tweaking i got em' under control by inserting a performance motorcycle baffle into them. it got rid of the crackling on the hard acceleration and greatly reduced the sloppy farting sound on decel.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
When min is decelerating, it does pop; well it's more like a "blurp" sound. I was told it is due to a back pressure issue. A local has some sort of frankenstien muffler/mid pipe montage under his Lightning and it ends with magnaflow. It's really loud and doesnt sound bad. I been thinking about going get my cats cut out and put strait pipe in it's place. But i think it's gonna sound cheap. Right now i have high flow magnaflow cats and bassani bx. It's too loud at times but i do sometimes like how you can feel it. I was told headers make a night and day difference so i am looking forward to when that day comes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread