Sunday Joke

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. I am in here on a Sunday. At 6:48 AM. And I have a joke. But first a story....

When we last spoke, I was relating how the wife was heading to a yoga retreat and made jokes about petting snakes and bears while hiking.

Well, she fell Friday night in the resort and broke her femur just below the head of the joint; at the shoulder (of the femoral head of the hip) for anyone who can relate. Displaced. Had surgery yesterday afternoon to put a rod and screw in.

The good news is she will be full weight bearing limited by the soft tissue trauma of the break and surgery. So can get around, just slowly.

I didn't go up there, initially waiting for results of surgery. With such a good outcome, coming home with the folks she went up with. I was truly expecting the worst. Thanking the Big Man upstairs for that.

Now there will be two people hobbling around here. Though I am doing well, still limited as before, but gets little better every day. The surgeon said my surgery was more serious than hers by a long shot, mostly because it involved the joint; hers did not, thankfully.

Okay, enough of that. On with the super rare Sunday Joke - y'all be sure to save it, it will be worth millions someday due to its rarity.

Mr. Frobisher had just been hired as the new CEO of a large high tech corporation. The CEO who was stepping down met with him privately and presented him with three numbered envelopes. "Open these if you run up against a problem you don't think you can solve," he said.
Well, things went along pretty smoothly, but six months later, sales took a downturn and he was really catching a lot of heat. About at his wit's end, he remembered the envelopes. He went to his drawer and took out the first envelope. The message read, "Blame your predecessor."
The new CEO called a press conference and tactfully laid the blame at the feet of the previous CEO. Satisfied with his comments, the press -- and Wall Street -- responded positively, sales began to pick up and the problem was soon behind him.
About a year later, the company was again experiencing a slight dip in sales, combined with serious product problems. Having learned from his previous experience, the CEO quickly opened the second envelope. The message read, "Reorganize." This he did, and the company quickly rebounded.
After several consecutive profitable quarters, the company once again fell on difficult times. The CEO went to his office, closed the door and opened the third envelope.
The message said, "Prepare three envelopes.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hope she heals quick. Mine broke hers same place and a rod and screws. It was here right arm, and she's right handed.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Hope she heals quick. Mine broke hers same place and a rod and screws. It was here right arm, and she's right handed.
I clarified - too used to using medical terminology, it was her leg, near the hip. Any higher and they would have done a hip replacement. :(

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
You were supposed to have a nice quiet solo weekend, and then that happened! Sorry to hear about her fall. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread