Summit Oil Catch Can Breather Install!

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Okay, supplies for the project.

Summit G1304 Catch Can (Identical to the Jaz can thats $70 and says JAZ on it.) Summit SUM-G1304 - Summit® Breather Tanks – SummitRacing.com
6ft of 3/8th oil/tranny fluid hose.
2 Fram FV329 PCV Valves (running these untill I find suitable elbo's)
1 pack of 5/16th rubber plugs.
1 pack of 3/8th rubber plugs.
1 Brass 3/8th Barb fitting. 1/2 size thread side.
1 Brass 3/8th T-fitting.

oil1.jpg

Summit Catch Can with Brass Fitting installed. It has to be installed this way because of the way you have to mount it using the threaded holes that come in the catch can.

oil2.jpg

Remove intake and factory rubber elbo on the front valve cover.

oil3.jpg

Remove old POS ghetto oil catch.

oil4.jpg

Run the hose un cut from the opening next to the strut tower to behind the factory air intake opening. Then slide in the can and install it. Also place a small rubber plug that is nice and tight on the bottom valve so incase the valve moves it won't leak the oil out. Also not a bad idea would be to add a hose to it and run it down a bit to the front bumper so you can drain it easier.

oil5.jpg

Pic of where to run the hose. Also Mark and use a drill for 1 hole to mount the catch can.

oil6.jpg

Because of the inner lip/bend on the metal I used 4 washers between the can and mounting point to keep the can level. When you install the bolt be sure to use lock-tite.

oil7.jpg

Can you see me? hehehe

oil10.jpg

Run the line over to where you can T it so its a straight shot to the front PCV elbo, then cut that front line and the main line. Then connect the back line that will go to the drivers side.

oil11.jpg

Drivers Side. Take one of the 5/16th rubber plugs and put it on the intake.

oil9.jpg

Passanger side complete. Take one of the 3/8th plugs and install it on the JLT. Note: I tried to remove the fitting but I can't get it out.

oil8.jpg

Finished product. WOOT WOOT!!!

YES I know the car is dirty, its my wife's daily/drag/auto-x/beat it up car.

Havn't driven it yet though its raining outside. We'll know tomorrow if the wife calls and says it runs like ass or if it runs great and dosn't stink like oil anymore. Total install time was about 25 minutes.

Last edited:

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
nice install.:rockon: now time to take off your intake and clean all the oil out of it from all the years of oil draining in there instead of into the catch can lol.

Absolutly. I was thinking that when I saw how it looked when I did the spacer. Its pretty gross in there....

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Looks good!

I used to be in the pneumatic industry and my company made filters that did this. I actually had one on my Lincoln towncar to keep the oil out of my throttlebody. Anyway, we also made a 12VDC release valve....meaning that you could wire up the filter bowl to dump at a flip of a switch. That would be SWEET to do :rockon:

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Nitrous SSC : For elbows check out Ford part number F6SZ-6762-AA It's exactly what you're looking for and available for about $4.75 a piece at any local dealer. Thats what I used when installing my Moroso one.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
MOTHER f**KER...I just paid Jegs.com $70.00 for that JAZ Can. I'm so pissed.

omj

Established Member
Nitrous SSC : For elbows check out Ford part number F6SZ-6762-AA It's exactly what you're looking for and available for about $4.75 a piece at any local dealer. Thats what I used when installing my Moroso one.

Can you check that # again? I called the dealer and they couldn't find it in the system. They may just be inept, though.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
99/01 cobra wheels a fox????

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/copenkagan/3461418796/in/set-72157617017527225/"]IMG_0360 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3605/3461418796_f5e68d5533.jpg?v=0@@AMEPARAM@@3461418796@@AMEPARAM@@f5e68d5533[/ame]

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/copenkagan/3541081258/in/photostream/"]IMG_0664_Enhancer on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/copenkagan/3540271239/in/photostream/"]IMG_0663_Enhancer on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3545/3540271239_e3e84bb5ed.jpg?v=0@@AMEPARAM@@3540271239@@AMEPARAM@@e3e84bb5ed[/ame]

Pics of my fox. Click the file name to see em :)

Last edited:

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Can you check that # again? I called the dealer and they couldn't find it in the system. They may just be inept, though.

That is certainly the number. I have the package right in front of me. I got mine from Downs Ford in Toms River NJ and the other one from Freehold Ford in Freehold, NJ. Try calling Steve at Tousley. I'm sure he can get them for ya

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
I was going to use the ford elbo ones they had at checker but they were 1/2" inch hose and everything I had was 3/8th's.

yeller1

Established Member
so you gotta remove the air filter to drain the catch can? I mounted mine to the front of the passenger head with a bracket from the electronics dept of home depot. Easy as pie to drain.
I would show you how mine is mounted, but I don't know how to add a pic to the text part of the message.

Last edited:

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Nope, just reach under with a hose, attach it to the bottom of the can and open the valve.

Its 1 quart so I shouldn't have to do it more than once a year. I hope..

Users who are viewing this thread