Suing Ford of canada need an input asap.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Keep fighting the good fight brother. One of these days you might just prevail in your quest to keep opinions off the forums. Of coarse, he did ask for opinions, did he not?

Did you even read any of what has been posted? The OP asked for help on a topic and instead everyone jumps his ass about his choices. He wanted their advice on the topics he asked about. Instead they lambast him on what they feel was his stupidity. I'm not trying to stop opinions, as I posted that is what these forums were made for. I'm saying if you don't have anything worth adding to the conversation, then pass on by. How hard is that?

hand-filer

Established Member
Did you even read any of what has been posted? The OP asked for help on a topic and instead everyone jumps his ass about his choices. He wanted their advice on the topics he asked about. Instead they lambast him on what they feel was his stupidity. I'm not trying to stop opinions, as I posted that is what these forums were made for. I'm saying if you don't have anything worth adding to the conversation, then pass on by. How hard is that?

Totally agree with you.

malfar

Established Member
I bought a used Mustang - it came with the ESP - original owner paid 0ver $3k for it. Costs $100 to transfer it. Coverage as described above including clutch.. Most dealers won't even tell you they are available cause the dealers don't make money on them. It originates from Ford as a customer loyalty promotion to bring people back into showrooms, but dealers only get reimbursed by Ford for a portion of their labour costs. Oil changes are free, had a leaking shock it was replaced, more oil changes than I will ever use, even though I go much fore frequently than service manual recommends. in the OP case - once you mod it repairs are basically at the discretion of FORD - especially if your mods are those that would suggest you were looking for performance rather than cosmetics. If you needed a driveshaft loop for daily driving it would already be on the car - you put a loop on to protect you when you wail on it!

BLKSUNSHINE13

Established Member

Yeah I read it pal, did you? There was some initial confusion concerning what the OP was asking, but after clarification he was given the answerers to his questions. At that point OP continued to engage in back and forth conversation stating multiple times that he wished to receive additional input, so that's what he got.

He makes clam that there was a denial of coverage at 24k due to aftermarket parts, which is a common issue that has been beaten to death with the consensus being its just not worth the fight, but in fact is actually suing Ford in the hope of receiving a refund for the cost of the warranty after putting 70k miles on the vehicle with the justification that in the end the warranty was never actually used. You seem to be of the opinion that he should continue his legal efforts, but the majority of the "douchebag opinions" here don't seem to agree.

Regarding your clam of "knowing a guy" that was awarded $250,000 + legal fees as a result of GM violating the Magnuson-Moss Act, can you provide further details. Why was he awarded such a large amount of money, did someone lose their right arm are something?

blackvette101

Established Member
good luck dealing with ford. Had the tranny on my fiesta st replaced under warranty. Two weeks later the tranny lets go. Take it back to ford. They say car is tuned and because its putting out more torque then stock it caused the tranny to fail. Even though it had just been replaced under warranty with no mention of the tune the first time. Took it to an independent shop that confirmed tranny was installed wrong with pictures. Sent everything to ford corporate. They told me to take a hike. And that was factory powertrain warranty not the extended scams they sucker most people into. You can't win with them. Bought a used tranny from LKQ for 750 and have never had a problem since with the extra 14 horsepower
my fiesta is producing

Side note i've bought 14 cars/trucks in the last 6 years from that specific ford dealer and still couldn't get any luck with the warranty

Last edited:

80KM2E

Established Member
As a local I know the dealers we have here are mostly rubbish and have no clue what so ever, so I made sure to FULLY decline any warranty extension crap when purchasing my car because of that fact.
OP, Only deal with Key West in the future for anything as they are the only decent dealer we have left.

60_HitME

Established Member
I can't believe one would spend $4200 on an extended warranty. That's just insane.

Ford warranties the car they built, not the one you modified.

After I had modded the crap out my terminator.... Kenne Bell 2.6L and all the other mods like injectors and the like, every suspension you can imagine, Fremont Ford replaced my T-56 under warranty. Guess it depends on the dealership. Gawd I miss that car :(

2nd gen

Established Member
Thank you everyone for your participation and efforts to provide as much info as possible. I have finished with all this nonsense in my favour:) got almost what I wanted-I am sure another trip to the court and more bickering would have yielded more but then time was limiting with holidays around the corner and work being busier. I am happy to report that FORD of canada budged in my case.
To be honest there are many issues and gray areas/fine lines I found digging even further in to the matter of ESP and FMPP and would gladly share with any one of you who is on the fence with same to alleviate your situation if need be.
Many of you brought great ideas to go over through which allowed me to gain more confidence and reasonable grounds to fight for. Thanks to those who supported me and told me to continue, cause I think without that additional oomph I wouldn't be able to complete it due to again time and effort which weren't on my side.
Glad to be a part of such a vast knowledge group!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on getting a partial win in court. So did you win on the clutch replacement cost, or on a partial refund of your extended warranties.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I bet Canadian law may differ from US law. As for the cost of the warranty, was the $4200 in Canadian currency? If so, the US dollar value would be around $3100 USD which is still expensive. I never by extended warranties, however I did tell my parents to buy one for their Chrysler!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread