Subframe Connectors Recommendations

NewGuy

Can anybody recommend a brand of subframe connectors for the ol' '03 Terminator and where to purchase them? Thanks

NewGuy

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by BlackCoupe
Hey thanks. I decided to go with the MM Full Length. :beer: Now I need to find somebody who will weld them on for me!
I have heard of some guys going to muffler shops and getting it done, but no matter where you go I would suggest going with someone who is going to put a couple hours into it and welding them everywhere they can, some people just lay a couple beads and call it a day.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
MMFLSFC's

fd9136b4.jpg

fd913637.jpg

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Steeda and Kenny Brown suspension components suck. Do a seach and you will find a lot of information supporting this statement. I believe Poisonous Mods has Steeda subframes and was talking about replacing them with MM Full Lenths.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Steeda and Kenny Brown suspension components suck. Do a seach and you will find a lot of information supporting this statement. I believe Poisonous Mods has Steeda subframes and was talking about replacing them with MM Full Lenths.

[email protected] ordered the steeda ones a couple of days ago!!:cuss:
oh well..i guess i'll have to send them back.:p
next time i'll do my research before i buy stuff online. :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member

Had them on my 01Cobra...but when i found this FORUM...(which by the way im addicted to it) i learned alot. Plus Toofast is right, Steeda sucks in comparison to what MM has to offer.

Steeda is just a round tube & only 4 locations to weld. 2 sides up front & 2 sides to the rear. Notice the MM welding locations, offers more support for stiffening our Uni-body & thats the key point of getting the SUB's.

Id get ur money back if u ordered it already....more or less they should not of had any in stock, knowing Steeda. CANCEL the ORDER.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
[email protected] ordered the steeda ones a couple of days ago!!:cuss:
oh well..i guess i'll have to send them back.:p
next time i'll do my research before i buy stuff online. :beer:

Best way to do it. Start or Search a thread to look at what folks have to say. Learn the easy way & not the hard way :)

Chit i almost bought some from Steeda had it not been for some nice pics offered by Toofast :beer:

Then u see the light.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Before bashing someone else's decision or product it is good to understand why they want the product. If someone is looking to be a road racer and expects to do a lot of hard driving, fast and sharp turns on a frequent basis, then probably the MM full lengths are best. However, as a daily driver where you want speed for your quarter mile freeway or street drags on an infrequent occassion and you would also like to add some chasis firmness to avoid excessive flex and ultimately warping and then fitness problems due to the nature of the Mustang's unibody chassis, then the round Steeda's which are also lighter might be a better choice since the connection points are adequate for that purpose and the Steed's are lighter. There is also the issue of what other suspension mods someone has or wants to put in, and how those effect overall weight, not to mention whether or not they fit together. I'm not intending to flame, only to suggest that there is more than one right answer.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
Before bashing someone else's decision or product it is good to understand why they want the product. If someone is looking to be a road racer and expects to do a lot of hard driving, fast and sharp turns on a frequent basis, then probably the MM full lengths are best. However, as a daily driver where you want speed for your quarter mile freeway or street drags on an infrequent occassion and you would also like to add some chasis firmness to avoid excessive flex and ultimately warping and then fitness problems due to the nature of the Mustang's unibody chassis, then the round Steeda's which are also lighter might be a better choice since the connection points are adequate for that purpose and the Steed's are lighter. There is also the issue of what other suspension mods someone has or wants to put in, and how those effect overall weight, not to mention whether or not they fit together. I'm not intending to flame, only to suggest that there is more than one right answer.

Who is bashing whose decision to this point of this thread? Steeda suspension components including their subframe connectors are crap. I have had them and would never do them again so I know first hand. If you want to buy them for what ever reason you justify to yourself they are better then go ahead and do it, but they still suck. Also they are the worst for normal daily driving as they reduce ground clearance significantly more then the other available options including the MM subframes. If you are telling me that a pound or two difference is going to make such a major difference that you are going to buy an inferior product over it then I will have to say you have a very skewed look on things. You don't need to do subframe connecters only because you road or drag race you need to do them to keep your car straight and rigid if you have a different opinion then go with that.

NewGuy

If someone is looking to be a road racer and expects to do a lot of hard driving, fast and sharp turns on a frequent basis, then probably the MM full lengths are best.

Thanks NorCalRedfire,
This is exactly why I needed them. :thumbsup:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Who is bashing whose decision to this point of this thread? Steeda suspension components including their subframe connectors are crap. I have had them and would never do them again so I know first hand. If you want to buy them for what ever reason you justify to yourself they are better then go ahead and do it, but they still suck. Also they are the worst for normal daily driving as they reduce ground clearance significantly more then the other available options including the MM subframes. If you are telling me that a pound or two difference is going to make such a major difference that you are going to buy an inferior product over it then I will have to say you have a very skewed look on things. You don't need to do subframe connecters only because you road or drag race you need to do them to keep your car straight and rigid if you have a different opinion then go with that.

But how do you really feel? :)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by BlackCoupe
Thanks NorCalRedfire,
This is exactly why I needed them. :thumbsup:

Roadrace car, Dragstrip car & even a Daily driver the fact remains that we have a Unibody.

Note the Steeda Seat Brace that u have to purchase seperatly if i remember it correctly it was only 2 or 2 1/2 inches VS what the MM which is wider, so its clear right there & then MM Sub will add more stiffness. :dw:

Why would u car about 2 or even 5lbs on a streetcar/daily driver? If ur on the dragstrip or road course id understand but a few lbs isnt going to kill ya when u get the benifit of the stiffness. :idea:

BTW...Steeda Sub's on the back, Welder couldnt even get it flushed up to the frame & torque box. Talk about a weld job. Welder had to make it up the difference of the gap. :uh oh:

4 point weld vs 6 point weld job...uhmmm ?

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
One can always find facts or statistics to back up their opinion. In this case its more weld points, but that ignores you are comparing full length to standard length, it ignores chrome molly (Steeda) v. steel (MM) when the alloy offers more strength at the same weight and it ignores round (Steeda) v. rectangular (MM) tubing when again round offers more strength at less weight.

My point, however, is not that any of you who like MM are wrong, the MM connectors are a great product, it's just that there are other opinions which can be supported.

Oh yeah, by the way - GO GIANTS!! - (and this in the only time where no other opinions on the issue are valid). :beer: (just kidding, of course).

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
One can always find facts or statistics to back up their opinion. In this case its more weld points, but that ignores you are comparing full length to standard length, it ignores chrome molly (Steeda) v. steel (MM) when the alloy offers more strength at the same weight and it ignores round (Steeda) v. rectangular (MM) tubing when again round offers more strength at less weight.

My point, however, is not that any of you who like MM are wrong, the MM connectors are a great product, it's just that there are other opinions which can be supported.

Oh yeah, by the way - GO GIANTS!! - (and this in the only time where no other opinions on the issue are valid). :beer: (just kidding, of course).

True thats why this forum so great :beer:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
I use steeda subframes on my customers car's and have no problems. We bolt them on then tack them. The reason we bolt then tack is to make them removable if need be. The other benefit of the steeda type is that i would much rather bang up a subframe connector than some of the other components under a lowered car. Subframe's in any way I believe are the best thing for any Mustang from V-6 to 03 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread