Subframe connectors: Maximum vs Stifflers

EB85

Established Member
Price for price, they are neck and neck. Not enough of a difference to really make me swing one way or the other. And I know at the end of the day there's not too much of a difference as long as both fit well and are well made. The MM are kind of the industry standard but with the Stifflers I can use the coupon on here and they come premasked. I was never crazy about having a shop have to grind off powdercoat on a brand new product. Is there any reason to go MM over Stifflers or vice versa?

NiceCobra

Established Member
I got the mm subframe connectors welded in then painted and they made a world of difference in my vert.

EB85

Established Member
I got the mm subframe connectors welded in then painted and they made a world of difference in my vert.

I'm in a vert, too, and everybody says it should be the first chassis mod. I found a local speed shop who'll weld them up for $150. I was thinking that they look equal as far as fit and finish go. The edge might go to Stifflers because they won't need the grinding before install. Just a touch up afterwards.

funmoneypit

Established Member
I just went through the same thing. Just bought my vert and was looking at the same two SFC. I was going to get the MM ones but then checked out the Stiffers and was sold. With the masked off area, that's what did it. I didn't know about any coupon. Is it in the vendors section?

What kind of shop did you find to weld them in?

Should have mine next week and barring any snow, they will go in within a week from then.

NiceCobra

Established Member
I'm in a vert, too, and everybody says it should be the first chassis mod. I found a local speed shop who'll weld them up for $150. I was thinking that they look equal as far as fit and finish go. The edge might go to Stifflers because they won't need the grinding before install. Just a touch up afterwards.
I ordered the mm unpainted then the shop welded them in and painted them

EB85

Established Member
What kind of shop did you find to weld them in?

If you look at the website, they feature a lot of tuner style cars but they also do some higher end and domestic work. Dyno tuning, custom exhaust, engine builds and swaps. A good friend's husband works there and between them both they have a number of cars including a Paxton'd Fox so I trust they would do me right. It is only welding up some subframe connectors, after all.
http://www.psiproformance.com/

Woody6799

Established Member
I would go Stifflers because I would use the FIT system. That being said, my car already had MM FLSC on it when i got it and I have purchase many MM parts since then and their quality is great. I also have a Stifflers trans mount and I was very happy with them as well... I don't think you will be unhappy with either of them.

EB85

Established Member
I ended up saying screw it today and ordered the Stiffler's. I figure worst case scenario is I sit on them for a couple weeks for whatever reason. I'd rather have them and plan ahead. Plus I was able to buy a t-shirt:
StifflersMom_tshirt_art2.jpg

86gt5liter

Established Member
I just went to their shop the other day and got just the flsfc's put on for now. Great people!!!! I will eventually add the fitt system in the future. I haven't been able to drive much since it's cold and snowing here but I felt a difference just driving home.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I will say this about Stiffler's.....a few years ago at Mustang Week, they had a Terminator vert there, top down, and the car was fit with the ENTIRE Stiffler's chassis products. The car was lifted under the right rear by a single jack about 24" in the air, both right side tires off the ground (the rear being higher). You could open the passenger side door, and it would close easily on its own accord. I was sold on Stiffler's Fit systm at that point. The car had ZERO twist in it.

oldmodman

Established Member
And if you already have the MM FLSFC in your car you can STILL get all the rest of the Stiffler's components and have them installed.

They will all interchange without any problems. And don't forget. 4 post lift only. Never weld them in using a two post lift.

wile e coyote

Established Member
Stifflers FTW.......the fact that they are a vendor on here and at Mustang Week make it a even better choice. I had the entire FIT system on the coyote swap 93GT I built and I will have the same setup on my 03 cobra here shortly. They build TOP NOTCH products and stand behind them.

Tom@Stifflers

Established Member
Last edited:

EB85

Established Member
Thanks for all the support guys!

As some people have mentioned in here, the premasked areas are a time saver, as we'll as the Slide 2 Size feature on the FIT Systems. This allows a proper fit for every car, and the ability to utilize the FIT System even if you are running another brand's subframe connectors.

Here is a quick post about the Slide 2 Size feature: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1085623-Stifflers-Slide-2-Size-feature-explained

Slightly off topic from my OP but kudos to Stiffler's. I placed my order and within about 20 minutes had UPS tracking info. They arrived today!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I finished the install of the FIT system last weekend. The car feels stiffer and it felt flatter on the turns driving home. There's a pretty twisty road between mine and my buddies house. But, the biggest reason for me getting that system is the jacking rails. It's so nice having the rails right at the edge. I'm planning on buying a set of rails for the wife's 06.

funmoneypit

Established Member
Ok, just checked Stiffers' address and they are about 4 hours from me. I might just drive down there and have them install my flsfc. I know probably other shops can do it but why not have the manufacturer install their own product? Will have to wait for warmer weather but worth the wait. By then, I might have them add the entire FIT system.

Users who are viewing this thread