SubFrame connectors, bolt on's anygood?

bigwave

Established Member
I know this bridge has been crossed but I'm looking at installing some subframe connectors on my 2003 cobra coup, are the bolt on's any good? I was thinking of getting some bolt on's so I could install and setup in the garage then take to a shop with a wheel lift and have them weld them up for added strength after words. I was wanting full length, the car is pullied, tuned, CAI, cat back high flow; so nothing crazy but would like to stiffen it up a little.
Are there any fuel lines or anything in the way on the 03 cobra's or ???
Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the shop has a drive on lift they can handle weld on subframe connectors. I wouldn't bother with the bolt on personally. But my only experience has been the stock ones from Ford. And they weren't that impressive.

94slowbra1

Established Member
id save your time and get a nice full length set (either MM or stifflers) and have a shop weld them in. bolt ins dont do what a welded set does for stiffening

bigwave

Established Member
Had a coupon from LMR, just bought the full length MM, they look pretty solid and a great price with free shipping on the coupon. Thanks for the quick input fellers!

94slowbra1

Established Member
good choice. also if later on you feel like you want more you can add in the rest of stifflers FIT system and really tighten it up

Users who are viewing this thread