Style Bar worth it?

04RFVert

Established Member
Do you have a kill switch that you activate when the top is up? Also, do the plastic plugs just come out? I definitely am not going to selling my original plastics. If anything I will keep these because they are so mint and buy some from a roller or part out.
I have the light on my bar and never noticed the brake light when top is up, no switch to disable it either. Install it and if you are annoyed by the light when top is up fix it, you would have to be really not paying attention to road in front of you or not having a great time of driving the car to notice it most likely. If you are having fun silly things like this are not noticable. I also bought extra plugs from manufactures website for $8 as they do disappear.

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/mustang-1-poly-plugs-for-lightbar-1994-04

Last edited:

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I've been considering too now
After reading this I'm going to move forward. I like the idea of getting a second set so you don't drill originals. With 5k miles on mine I'd like to keep it where I can turn back to stock if I ever plan to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Look into the Roush low-profile seatbelt guides for 99-04. These are what I have. They were designed to clear the light bar and work great!
They were also stock on any 94-98 mustang convertible. I have the ford part numbers somewhere. I got em real cheap as new old stock too!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I had a bar on my old '03 convertible without a light, loved the look! Definitely look into either the Roush seat belt guides or the earlier model ones, you don't want to scratch the bar up like mine did.
14444732_10154465293704462_876760233426562694_o.jpg

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
For those that have scratched bars from the normal sized loops, my car came like that too. The previous owner installed the bar, but didn't change the loops. The big loops caused some damage to the covering on the bar. After I installed the low profile belt loops, I found a local interior repair guy. He worked some serious magic and made it completely disappear. No matter how hard I look, I cannot see where he did his work.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I agree with the second set of panels. That's what I did for my pillar pod for the gauges

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Another plus 1 on the lightbar - I have just over 14,000 miles on my Cobra

Attachments

• IMG_2312.JPG
    IMG_2312.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I literally ordered the lightbar as my first mod within a week of buying my Cobra many many years ago. I just don't like the look of verts without the bar for some reason. I will admit I was a bit nervous cutting my mint 12k mile panels at the time, but have zero regrets in doing so, and since I would NEVER want to return it to stock, I saw no need to get another set of panels. I seriously doubt that any future owner would want to undo that particular mod either.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I highly doubt there is going to be a shortage of panels in the future. If you are genuinely concerned, I'm sure you can pull yours and get some new ones to modify, but I don't think there is a big enough shortage of Mustangs to warrant a fear of being able to get original panels.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Also of note, a professional interior repair dude can fill holes and make your panels look new again.

Users who are viewing this thread