Stupid Rocks! FML......

Sick03Vert

Banned
So I loaned my younger brother my daily driver since his wife's car is in the shop. That means I've been driving my Cobra to work this week.

This morning, I'm driving along, minding my own business, and something...I'm guessing a rock...smacks off the windshield and puts about a golfball-sized crack in the glass. :eek::fm::cuss:

So, I got to work here at the dealership and took it straight to service. Had them do a free windshield "chip" (more like crater) repair on it. Well, it's guaranteed not to run....but it looks like crap.

So, I'll be spending $250 in the not-so-distant future on having a new windshield installed. My OCD simply will not let me live with a crack that size, even if its been repaired.

Long story short: Big rock meets glass, FML. :nonono:

oldmodman

Established Member
Check with your insurance.

Mine will replace a damaged windshield with no deductible. The damage just has to be in the drivers view.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Check with your insurance.

Mine will replace a damaged windshield with no deductible. The damage just has to be in the drivers view.

This... most insurances will replace glass. Mine will even replace with OEM glass if I ask nicely.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Rock didn't happen to come from the tire of a 5.0 did it:lol1:

Sucks that this happened, I have a crack in mine as well. It's driving me crazy so I'm going to replace it soon.

idhitit

Established Member
Id take a broken windshield over a huge gash in the paint anyday! Windows are easlily replaced messed up paint isnt!

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Rock didn't happen to come from the tire of a 5.0 did it

If it was one of those new 5.0, hed have bigger problems than a rock chip. Those things are known to rip up full sections of asphalt when they launch.......

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Rock didn't happen to come from the tire of a 5.0 did it:lol1:QUOTE]

If it was one of those new 5.0, hed have bigger problems than a rock chip. Those things are known to rip up full sections of asphalt when they launch.......

Posted via Topify on Android

:lol:......:bored:

Just kidding. :-D

Nah, the ground wasn't shaking when it happened and buildings weren't falling, so no stock 5.0 was idling anywhere nearby. ;-)

Insurance said GTFO to a free replacement. I have to pay my $500 deductible first. Since a replacement is like $250ish, it'd be out of my pocket.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Rock didn't happen to come from the tire of a 5.0 did it:lol1:

:lol:......:bored:

Just kidding. :-D

Nah, the ground wasn't shaking when it happened and buildings weren't falling, so no stock 5.0 was idling anywhere nearby. ;-)

Insurance said GTFO to a free replacement. I have to pay my $500 deductible first. Since a replacement is like $250ish, it'd be out of my pocket.

I figured this would happen, I'd like to know how long ago a what insurance company the people in here are using? I read that a lot of companies now have $500 comp deductible so the days of getting your windshield replace for $50 are over.

Equalbracket

Established Member
God I hate that, sorry man! When I was doing drilling I was behind a rig on company truck, passed a gravel truck and actually had a rock come completely through the windshield and landed on the freaking dash, gonna try and find the picture.

Riptide

Established Member
My brand new 2014 took a rock to the windshield first time I took it up to 100. No other car. Mine threw a rock up and over the hood from the front right tire and the car hit it. That rock had some curve on it.

I was thrilled.

Sick03Vert

Banned
God I hate that, sorry man! When I was doing drilling I was behind a rig on company truck, passed a gravel truck and actually had a rock come completely through the windshield and landed on the freaking dash, gonna try and find the picture.

:dw::eek:

Dang man, glad it didn't hit you....that sucker had to have some velocity behind it.

Pics or it didn't happen

I have some....will upload soon if I remember to. :p

Wish it didn't happen.:nonono:

My brand new 2014 took a rock to the windshield first time I took it up to 100. No other car. Mine threw a rock up and over the hood from the front right tire and the car hit it. That rock had some curve on it.

I was thrilled.

Man that sucks...sorry to hear that! I would love to see a diagram of that trajectory path.....plus the odds of it happening. Did you buy a lotto ticket? :lol1:

Monster Mach

Established Member
[QUO TE=2KBlackGT;13724257]I figured this would happen, I'd like to know how long ago a what insurance company the people in here are using? I read that a lot of companies now have $500 comp deductible so the days of getting your windshield replace for $50 are over.[/QUOTE]

I use progressive and geico and they won't even let me drive with a windshield broken they call a wrecker and pick the car up to get the window fixed

2KBlackGT

Established Member
I figured this would happen, I'd like to know how long ago a what insurance company the people in here are using? I read that a lot of companies now have $500 comp deductible so the days of getting your windshield replace for $50 are over.

I use progressive and geico and they won't even let me drive with a windshield broken they call a wrecker and pick the car up to get the window fixed

I need to look into going with one of them then.

Riptide

Established Member
Allstate makes me pay a $50 deductible for a windshield replacement under comprehensive.

ViciousJay

Established Member
$250 for a windshield?! Your getting ripped off!!! Shouldnt be anymore then $150 if not cheaper installed for a cobra

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I agree I would take 2 busted windshields over a big gash to the hood that would require paint and body work. I'm not a fan of the Pony emblem on the windshield anyway. A replacement probably wouldn't have it.

Users who are viewing this thread