Stupid HOA makes me want to sell my Cobra

3xBlackCobra

Established Member

This same HOA allowed a board member to quit for a short period of time so that he could "manage" the new paint job they were applying to the buildings. That was a 100k contract. He was back on the board right after.

Thing is I live in a townhouse community where most of the properties are owned by investors. Nobody goes to board meetings or challenges these HOA people, because the owners don't actually live tere

It's like a miniature example of govt corruption...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
OP rants about shit he knew would happen and took no steps to avoid the situation. makes this thread 100% worthless.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The Police Officer I'm so sorry the HOA decided to call a tow truck at 02.00am to have our car towed away due to it was parked 12 inches over a grass verge,

Officer gave me the details where the car was towed to but being a sunday Morning I had to wait until 09.00 Monday morning to retrieve my car from the compound costing me $400 and $1800 for 3 flights back to the UK.

Really? Who the hell is out at 2AM looking for violations? ing people have no life! ing Gestapo!! Pisses me off just reading that S#!T LMAO!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Recon

Established Member
I’d tell them to F off, if I owned the property. Getting a citation because your car is parked on the road in front of your house; get out of here with that bs.
Move to the country, it’s nice.

Pick your poison.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Really? Who the hell is out at 2AM looking for violations? ing people have no life! ing Gestapo!! Pisses me off just reading that S#!T LMAO!!!!

When I was on an HOA Board, most violation were actually reported by homeowners, typically a neighbor or homeowner in close proximity.

The Board would initiate a violation if it as blatant or a safety issue.

BTW: if it was a neighbor or a Board member, they most likely planned the notification at night to avoid conflict.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arbs

Established Member
Thanks guys for your input regardless if you agreed or disagreed, I just wanted to rant and get some input. I think I’m going to have a talk with this president and see what’s up. I’ve lived there for two years and never got a contract or anything so maybe I should start there. All he told me in the beginning was the cars needed a tag. But I’ve been abiding by that. But apparently I can’t park two of my personal cars on the street at the same time.

What if I have visitors? I was told in the beginning that the patrol is random. But what if my visitors stay a little later than midnight or something. Idk. I have many questions. I’m going to have to talk to this guy.

I should move to another state. Lol. Somewhere where I can also carry a gun. California has tight panties. If only I didn’t land a city and county job..

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Living in the country where my neighbor is a cornfield on one side and a woods on the other allows for me to park what I want, wherever I want. Housing editions are nice, but I'd I want to start my Cobra at midnight ; I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arbs

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, how much do you think my stock 2 owner 60k silver metallic 04 would go for? I mean, I know what I paid but the guy was able to massage the numbers a little bit for me.

When I say stock, I mean stock. The only thing the original owner installed was a Mac air intake system. The only thing I installed were new rubbers front and back, but 10.5 reps in the back. Other than that, bone stock.

Has a ton of service history and all the paper work and goodies that svt gives when you purchase a car of this caliber.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Living in the country where my neighbor is a cornfield on one side and a woods on the other allows for me to park what I want, wherever I want. Housing editions are nice, but I'd I want to start my Cobra at midnight ; I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My neighbors hated me when I was in my late 20s. I was at the start of my full mile, and drag racing participation. The only time I had to work on my bikes was at night.

A built sport bike with a Micron exhaust is ruthless. The term loud was an understatement.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
By law you should have been given a copy of the HOA by-laws and rules when you closed on the house. If you weren’t given one I highly recommend you bring that up when you have your talk and get one.

I live in an HOA that has a rule against parking a vehicle on the street more than 24 hours. It used to be enforced by the original management company with a vengeance, the current one has relaxed that considerabl and now only enforces when neighbors complain or the vehicle is in op or not properly licensed.

Thanks guys for your input regardless if you agreed or disagreed, I just wanted to rant and get some input. I think I’m going to have a talk with this president and see what’s up. I’ve lived there for two years and never got a contract or anything so maybe I should start there. All he told me in the beginning was the cars needed a tag. But I’ve been abiding by that. But apparently I can’t park two of my personal cars on the street at the same time.

What if I have visitors? I was told in the beginning that the patrol is random. But what if my visitors stay a little later than midnight or something. Idk. I have many questions. I’m going to have to talk to this guy.

I should move to another state. Lol. Somewhere where I can also carry a gun. California has tight panties. If only I didn’t land a city and county job..

arbs

Established Member
By law you should have been given a copy of the HOA by-laws and rules when you closed on the house. If you weren’t given one I highly recommend you bring that up when you have your talk and get one.

I live in an HOA that has a rule against parking a vehicle on the street more than 24 hours. It used to be enforced by the original management company with a vengeance, the current one has relaxed that considerabl and now only enforces when neighbors complain or the vehicle is in op or not properly licensed.

See that would be a lot better. If you use the street just to park your trailer or something, I’d understand that. But if you use the car daily, and use the car to and from work then it should be okay. I wish our HOA was that lenient.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Jeez, and I was thinking my arsehole neighbor was difficult. At least I don't have HOA issues. Fook HOA development. I ain't never gonna live in one.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Call the city . HOA usually run by some no life old ass retirement got nothing else better to do with their time beside walking all day looking at other peoples stuff . I’m stay in strictly hoa area too . And if they don’t like you they will nick pick every little thing . Call the city and tell them what going on . Park your car in different spot often . Also your garage full ?

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
This same HOA allowed a board member to quit for a short period of time so that he could "manage" the new paint job they were applying to the buildings. That was a 100k contract. He was back on the board right after.

Thing is I live in a townhouse community where most of the properties are owned by investors. Nobody goes to board meetings or challenges these HOA people, because the owners don't actually live tere

It's like a miniature example of govt corruption...

Call for an audit. The covenants usually have those required, so see if one has been done and get the information. As a member of the HOA paying dues, the Audit is available for you to review.

Also: Move. If a lot of the houses are being rented, it's time to GTFO. It's all downhill from there.

Users who are viewing this thread