Stupid EGR nut

Brandon Adams

Established Member
I cannot seem to get this thing off, I thought I was so close to getting it off and now everything turns where it meets the header. Any advice on what I should do that doesn't involve removing the header?
65c5e7fc801015b529604db0ab030b09.jpg

03' White Snake

Established Member
Remove it from the header, put one nut in a vice off the car, heat it with a torch and try to get it apart that way. You should be happy something came loose. Many people break the tubes trying to get them off.

Brandon Adams

Established Member
Remove it from the header, put one nut in a vice off the car, heat it with a torch and try to get it apart that way. You should be happy something came loose. Many people break the tubes trying to get them off.

Will they both twist off? Because I have turning it for a bit now and I don't think it threads off or I'm wrong and it's real slow

03' White Snake

Established Member
It will come off. The tube is being sealed against the bottom nut. So watch, but the both nuts/hex should spin on the tube and unscrew out of the manifold. Will be easier to separate not on the car. Its super tight in there.

Brandon Adams

Established Member
It will come off. The tube is being sealed against the bottom nut. So watch, but the both nuts/hex should spin on the tube and unscrew out of the manifold. Will be easier to separate not on the car. Its super tight in there.

Thank you, this gives me hope so I can complete this head cooling mod

Users who are viewing this thread