Stupid car won't start...please help

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Ok so about a week ago I took a trip to the hardware store to get some things. When driving there the car drove perfect. I come out of the store to find that my car won't start. It's turning over but won't start. After 2 or 3 times of trying I smell fuel and it seems to be dripping from somewhere. So I jack the car up in the parking lot to find that there is fuel coming out between the head and the exhaust manifold. Strange right? So any way I end up having to get the car towed home. Yesterday is the first day I get to work on it after getting it towed home. So I take the plugs out to find a crap load of fuel in the cylinders.
I clean the plugs, cycled the engine with the fuel pump fuse pulled the get the fuel to come out. I got all the fuel out and to be on the safe side I left the plugs out to help evaporate the fuel if there was any left. I change the oil and the frps just to be safe. The next day I come out put everything back together and try to start it but it wont move, not even turn over. It's like something is stuck and holding it from turning over. So being pissed I start pulling everything apart and working my way down. I get down to the lower intake to find a shit load of fuel (like $6.00 worth) sitting in the bottom of the intake. I found later after pulling the exhaust that there is fuel in there too.
So to some it up I have two big issues. A fuel system problem and the engine not wanting to move at all. Some one please help. I could not sleep last night.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
how the hell do you hydralock a motor with fuel?!?!?!

I wouldn't have been able to sleep either... something aint right. With everything all apart can you turn the motor over by hand?

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Nope. This ****in sucks. I was thinking the same thing. I'm confused all to hell.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Yeah I can hear the starter trying. You can even see the pulleys move a 1/4". But that's it.
I'm kinda thinking it may be a stuck injector.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Yes, I would think stuck injector also but that does not explain why it won't turn over even with all the cylinders open to the atmosphere.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I think with that much fuel in the cylinders it may have washed them out. So there was no lubrication because everything is dry and stuck. I'm going to spray some pb blaster in the cylinders and let it sit a bit and try it then. Maybe it will release something.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Crank pulley takes an 18MM hex-head socket driver.......with that you can use a breaker bar to get some torque to manually break it loose

Squirt a tablespoon of engine oil in each cylinder

Last edited:

Wayne64SS

Established Member
yea +1 to the tablespoon of oil... i wouldn't put pb blaster in there. put the oil in and let it sit for 10 minutes. if it turns over then i would change the oil entirely and find out which injector / injectors are stuck.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Why no PB? I figure it would penetrate better and it's flammable too. So any thing left in the cylinder will burn up nice and easy.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Being anal with these cars is a good thing. I'll do the oil thing right away when I get home from work. Thanks man.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Any one have a clue what the resistance should read on a ohm meter for a 60lbs injector?

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I forget. There the ones that don't need the adapter cable. If that helps. I'm sure they read close to the same I would think. ???

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Those are EV6/USCAR

Are they the FRPP ones? Maybe call and they'll have pinpoint tests for them or can refer you to mfg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread