Student Loans: Who's got em, and who thinks its a bubble

Do you have them? If so, is there a bubble?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lilcoop03

Established Member
WOW. I was lucky enough to graduate debt-free with my engineering degree due to my company's tuition reimbursement and a little help from a higher education advocate aunt that I have. Given I went back to school for this part time at age 29 and it took me 4.5 years going non stop, it has paid dividends and I am so glad that I did. I didn't realize how good I have it until reading the first page of this!

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
We listened to Dave shortly after graduating as well. Really opened our eyes and gave us the fire to kick Sallie to the curb. Dave wouldn't have been too keen on our new GT500 and Edge purchases in 2012 and 2010 though. Oh well, paid those off in a hurry too. Learned our lesson and my last 2 trucks were cash deals. Now, that pesky mortgage...

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I like the Snowball method as well

But with that in mind, you have to take it with a grain of salt. You can snowball/pay debt off and live in an absolutely basic life to get it done. However, it's important to reward yourself. So while I sold my Mustang and plan to use that money to hammer out student loans, I also realize that life's short. So I bought a new truck at a really good rate and have a comfortable/reliable new truck.

It's all about balancing your income level with what your monthlies are. And that's what we've done. Pretty much no debt outside of the house, my truck, and student loans.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My wife has student loans, but she down to about $2,000 left to be completely paid off.

I was fortunate enough to get a large scholarship and my parents picked up the rest. I got my 4 year degree debt free :D

Users who are viewing this thread