Strut Mount Help

4VFreak

Beyaaahhhh!!!!!
Established Member
I just bought another Cobra a couple of months ago. As seen in the picture below, I noticed that one of the studs was snapped off of my driver side strut mount. I have a new mount, but it didn't come with a set of nuts to install it. Does anyone know the part numbers or at least the sizes / threads for the nut circled in yellow, and the top nut on the strut itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

StrutMount.jpg

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Honestly I would ditch the stock plates and pick up a maximum motorsports set. They have an awesome adjustment range and look good too. Install is pretty simple just make sure to read the instructions thoroughly.

4VFreak

Beyaaahhhh!!!!!
Established Member
Honestly I would ditch the stock plates and pick up a maximum motorsports set. They have an awesome adjustment range and look good too. Install is pretty simple just make sure to read the instructions thoroughly.

Yeah, I am debating going that route as I may lower the car soon. Still, if anyone knows any info on the stock nut sizes or part numbers, please feel free to chime in.

-Thanks

03' White Snake

Established Member
It is an M10-1.5 nut and same for the bolt. Bolt is 29.6mm long. I just measured it for you.

Black93Fox

Established Member
I'd suggest getting the mm plates as said before. I just installed them on my car install was very easy good quality stuff read threw the directions a few times. But for future bolt / nut issues if you have a local hardware store. Can take a bolt that is the same as broke one find the nut that fits it threw the hardware store selection or vise versa for a nut to find a bolt. Local place near me knows me by first name now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread