Struck a nerve with the LS guys

Jforce05

Established Member
It's really an odd combo. Seeing how easy it is to make 650-700 hp with a 2.3 most just dismiss the eaton. With some healthy compression, cams and maybe some more stroke I could see 600 rwhp as a possibility.
Then think of the possibilities running a twin screw/tvs blower on top of a 11:1cr

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jforce05

Established Member
The mach1 eaton swap cars make the same power at 7psi as the terminator guys @10-11psi. Mach1's have a full point higher cr factory

dublekick

Established Member
Guys this has already been done. A ported blower on E85 and cams will make well over 600rwhp. Its not exactly a huge feat when youre bumping compression almost 3 points. Coyotes make 580-590 on 10 psi and gas. 17 psi and E85 will be well over 600 especially with supporting mods. And 17 psi isnt spinning a posi or a steggy THAT hard. Ive seen people do 18-19

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Lots of people already bump compression with bigger blowers as well. Ill be doing 11:1 compression on a 3.6kb and more than 30 psi.

Exactly. With the availability and price of e85-e100, along with tuning equipment, big compression and boost is fairly popular.

I went with 9.7:1 in my last build and I regret not going much higher.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
The M122 doesn't move 650 hp worth of air. People have been trying this for like 14 years. More power to you if that's your goal, but please just do it and not just talk about it.

MG0h3

Established Member
I could see taking the route you are talking about if you plan on going well over 650 in the future but if that's your goal, a bigger blower and e85 is a couple weekends work and a lot less headaches than a new motor. Heck or 93 if you have that.

Jforce05

Established Member
The M122 doesn't move 650 hp worth of air. People have been trying this for like 14 years. More power to you if that's your goal, but please just do it and not just talk about it.
Yessir talk is cheap! I'm in the process of building now so I will keep everyone posted over time!

Jforce05

Established Member
I could see taking the route you are talking about if you plan on going well over 650 in the future but if that's your goal, a bigger blower and e85 is a couple weekends work and a lot less headaches than a new motor. Heck or 93 if you have that.
Im building my motor on a stand before i buy the roller. Learned my lesson on my first terminator. 600-650 on an eaton powered car. Then down the road going to a tvs style blower will only add to the mayhem

EB85

Established Member
to be fair, 650 whp is hardly 'an animal on the street'

600whp isnt shit where I live. May depend on the area.

Hell ported eaton with some nitrous you'd be on the same numbers

Nobody "expects" a 425-500hp cobra. Any time I see one I immediately figure its got work done and its at a minimum 700hp. Which is still slow around here.

You guys must have smooth as glass roads. A Cobra/Z06/built LS or anything with, say, 500+ is pretty rare around these parts. Any side roads worth driving hard on are too chewed up with patches and holes and most highways aren't straight enough or long enough for a good pull without getting into traffic or getting caught. Most serious races are done in south Philly.

737_mech

Established Member
You're going to have a hard time convincing any LS fanboy that there's anything that can make power other than an LS motor. Just go over to ls1tech and have a look. I've never met an LS guy that wasn't a total nut swinging dousher. Just my experience.

I'm an LS guy currently looking to get myself a Terminator actually. Nothing wrong with having both. I've seen plenty of this on both sides of the table though to be honest.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys must have smooth as glass roads. A Cobra/Z06/built LS or anything with, say, 500+ is pretty rare around these parts. Any side roads worth driving hard on are too chewed up with patches and holes and most highways aren't straight enough or long enough for a good pull without getting into traffic or getting caught. Most serious races are done in south Philly.

Some of us live in smaller towns with a lot of country straight roads. Check my video in sig and you'll see what I'm talking about.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

It really is nuts around here, if you arent 1000whp you are not one of the "fast" street car guys. I dont think we hold a candle to the bigger metro areas either, like Houston. Race cars are a different story, a good friend is spraying near 2000hp now lol

I'll admit, when I bought my first terminator in 2008-9ish, just tuned and pullied was the baddest thing around in my small home town area. But we're talking Poortown Arkansas.

Users who are viewing this thread