Struck a nerve with the LS guys

Jforce05

Established Member
Some of you may have seen my terminator post recently on the lsx vs modular mayhem group page. The gm guys and several ford guys told me 650hp on an eaton is a huge exaggeration.

Hear me out.

Built Teksid block
E85 only
11:1 cr
Cams
Upgraded fuel system
Ported Eaton @17psi

I believe that set up to be all of 600-650hp

Someone on here in the past raised the compression on a fairly stock car. (Stock pullies and otherwise stock motor/heads) just had a intake and full exhaust. It made 507 on 8 psi with 11:1 cr. Port and pullied to 17psi with E85 it made a lil over 630. Cant remember for the life of me.

Why is this so mind boggling? I understand your car will be married to race fuel/e85. But from my pov you can have a very stock looking car that is an animal on the street. My future plan was to swap the ported eaton for a vmp tvs down the road.

Thoughts? Opinions? Donations?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

evolve

Established Member
Haters. Maybe the fact that thats a one of a kind set up that a handful of people have seen. Its the internet man. Whatd you expect?

Sent from Planet 9

Zemedici

Established Member
to be fair, 650 whp is hardly 'an animal on the street'

600whp isnt shit where I live. May depend on the area.

Hell ported eaton with some nitrous you'd be on the same numbers

Jforce05

Established Member
All i can figure is that it goes against everything theyve managed to figure out. When you seen an eaton you pretty much automatically think 450-525hp off the bottle?

Jforce05

Established Member
to be fair, 650 whp is hardly 'an animal on the street'

600whp isnt shit where I live. May depend on the area.

Hell ported eaton with some nitrous you'd be on the same numbers
For someone expecting a 450hp car i think 650 will surprise someone. Hp is just a number unless its hookin. Id evem throw a 100 shot on top of the 17# and 11:1

Jforce05

Established Member
Hell throw a killer chiller system on it too. Be a 700-800hp car with a $5-600 ported blower on it

SlowSVT

Established Member
If squeezing that much power out of the Eaton is your goal that will certainly present a challenge. The problem is with the small displacement blower your going to need to max it out taking it to the ragged edge (over spinning a roots blower also makes lots of heat at elevated boost levels). This may not be the best approach for reaching 650 hp. A 2.3 or a 2.9 will easily make 600 on pump swill with less fiddling on the engine.

Just something to consider.

Jforce05

Established Member
Yessir! I learned my lesson on my first terminator and I am building on an engine stand first this time lol. Budget wise it makes sense for someone who is going to completely rebuild. I can have an 03/04 built exactly the way i want it then drop in a roller for the same price as a running car. This way i get stuck with less oem parts i figure and I can build at my own pace. So far i am on budget ive got less than $500 invested with two teksid blocks, kellogg 03 cobra crank, svt manley rods, with arp main and side bolts.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd say it depends on what dyno you bring it to. Why? Because I've seen guys on 92-93 octane with a tvs running 18-19 psi making anywhere from 575-650 rwhp. That's a massive gap. If you brought you're car to the dyno jet I use, you likely wouldn't hit 600 imo.

Rambro

Established Member
You're going to have a hard time convincing any LS fanboy that there's anything that can make power other than an LS motor. Just go over to ls1tech and have a look. I've never met an LS guy that wasn't a total nut swinging dousher. Just my experience.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nobody "expects" a 425-500hp cobra. Any time I see one I immediately figure its got work done and its at a minimum 700hp. Which is still slow around here.

Jforce05

Established Member
You're going to have a hard time convincing any LS fanboy that there's anything that can make power other than an LS motor. Just go over to ls1tech and have a look. I've never met an LS guy that wasn't a total nut swinging dousher. Just my experience.
Lol thats for sure. They were losing their minds when I was talking about an eaton car doing 650 off the bottle. Alot of mustang guys too tho. Car wont be a DD and e85 is available here. Figured why the hell not? Not many people do it so I'd try something a little out of the ordinary

Zemedici

Established Member
Nobody "expects" a 425-500hp cobra. Any time I see one I immediately figure its got work done and its at a minimum 700hp. Which is still slow around here.

This. I've got guys that I've talked to that will race a mustang any day, but if its my body style and says 'cobra' on the bumper, they dont **** with it :lol:

Jforce05

Established Member
So when you see an eaton powered cobra you figure its 700hp minimum?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So when you see an eaton powered cobra you figure its 700hp minimum?

Not everyone pops the hood open for everyone to see, and my tvs sounds like a Eaton. Watch my video in my sig and see for yourself.

Jforce05

Established Member
Not everyone pops the hood open for everyone to see, and my tvs sounds like a Eaton. Watch my video in my sig and see for yourself.
I've also read people say the posi ported eatons sound like a twin screw lol. Never heard one in person just something else thats "on the internet"

Jforce05

Established Member
If my cobra was making 650 on an eaton off the bottle id be happy to open the hood lol. Might even throw the oem pulley gaurd on too

Rambro

Established Member
I haven't seen anyone crack 600rwhp on an eaton. Am I missing something?

It's really an odd combo. Seeing how easy it is to make 650-700 hp with a 2.3 most just dismiss the eaton. With some healthy compression, cams and maybe some more stroke I could see 600 rwhp as a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread