stroker, but want to find out bout heads

stangdriven

Established Member
ok, i know there is probably another thread like this, but this is the only way i know ill get my answer, i plan on doing either a 408 or 428 stroker, aftermarket block yes....i plan on doing a f2 procharger at 20lbs of boost or so, just wondering what cc heads i should be looking into, i have looked into afr's alot but just wanna see what you all have to say?

94venomV8

Established Member
I had AFR's on my stroker motor. They were the 205 nitrous heads, they flowed good out of the box and I was impressed with there quality. But be ready to spend some money. I had my springs upgraded, titanium retainers, valve guides upgraded. Basically everything you could do to them and I spent over $3000 in the heads alone.

The build you are planning is not cheap, just out of curiosity how much do you have set aside, because just from the parts you have listed above and a good rotating assembly you are going to be in over $10,000 in the motor alone. Just letting you know since I have been there done that.

Toasty

Established Member
ok, i know there is probably another thread like this, but this is the only way i know ill get my answer, i plan on doing either a 408 or 428 stroker, aftermarket block yes....i plan on doing a f2 procharger at 20lbs of boost or so, just wondering what cc heads i should be looking into, i have looked into afr's alot but just wanna see what you all have to say?

Is your car a Cobra?

stangdriven

Established Member
no its a originally a v6 which im planning on tearing down the whole thing and redoing it, stiffening the whole car up for i can....yea i know its gonna be one expensive build, but this is what i have been planning for years, just never could come up with a proper motor and all that. but ive added up the whole cost and yea i know very well its not cheap lol....

94venomV8

Established Member
To be totally honest man, I would almost just buy a built car. I mean they are going for so cheap and you are literally going to replace every single part in that car. Motor, trans, rearend, suspension, stiffen up chassis, brakes, cooling, everthing. You are literally by the end going to drop almost 25-30K into building that car right. I am not trying to steer you away from it as if you can afford it I always like building my own stuff. But in the end if you are just wanting a fast/fun car then buy one already done. Much less headache and money

stangdriven

Established Member
i understand where your coming from 94venomv8 but i cant stand buying built already, its like when your at the street races, i bought it this way its fast but i dont know what its in it, that shit i cant stand. whats the fun in that? id rather take the time and build it the way I want it. but like i said i understand what you mean. hey where are you from in iowa anyways 94venomv8>??

plus i enjoy working on this kinda stuff and im aiming towards building cars like this for a career, plus im waiting for a marine to retire so he can open his shop so i can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread