Stripe removal

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Step 1: Wash car
Step 2: Wax car
Step 3: Leave the stripes alone; take pics of car and post them up on here.
Step 4: Sit back and enjoy a job well done.

:D

carguy19

Established Member
There is actually a stripe removal tool that they use in body shops. It attaches to a whizzer wheel and doesnt harm the paint in any way. It rubs the striping and the glue off cleanly.

Im sure you can buy it and use it on a drill if you dont have air tools. It cant cost more then 10-15 bucks.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Rubber mallet with a chisel.

Actually,'I used a tool they gave me at the dealership. I initialed next to this line that said, Over the Top Stripe Delete.

Didn't leave any residue at all, paint is perfect.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Pull it out in the sun and slowly pull them off. They come off easily when they're still new.

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
It's called an eraser wheel. Literally is like a big flat eraser that attaches to a drill. I use them on cars for my detail clients all the time. It will leave a slight residue but you can go in and wash/polish/wax and it'll look like new.

scampismith

Crazy George
Established Member
The striped have to come off, I'm going to wet sand the car. The reason that I did
not get the stripe delete from the dealer when I ordered the car was so that I could have the stripes on the interior. The interior is too bland, it needs a little color to break
it up a little.

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
The striped have to come off, I'm going to wet sand the car. The reason that I did
not get the stripe delete from the dealer when I ordered the car was so that I could have the stripes on the interior. The interior is too bland, it needs a little color to break
it up a little.

They come off pretty easy when new. On my KR I also color sanded the entire car and buffed. Just use a heat gun and with the right temp they come off pretty easy.

Ford actually has a procedure to remove them.

carguy19

Established Member
It's called an eraser wheel. Literally is like a big flat eraser that attaches to a drill. I use them on cars for my detail clients all the time. It will leave a slight residue but you can go in and wash/polish/wax and it'll look like new.

This was what I was talking about.

This would be the safest, easiest way.... peeling them off is easy but not as easy as using the eraser wheel.

DKRIPLEAN

Established Member
So my stripes came off great but now when I cleaned the car up I have the ghosting of stripes......

Last edited:

Husky44

Established Member
I've never used an eraser wheel, so I can't provide any thoughts on that, other than I can't imagine how they can't have an abrasive effect on your paint.

I HAVE removed plenty of stripes of many different brands/types. You can very easily remove these stripes with a heat gun or hairdryer. Keep the heat just in front of the spot where the stripe is peeling up. These stripes are good quality, they should come up in one piece; if they're breaking, you need a little more heat. If they're stretching, a little less.

You'll probably have a little glue residue left over. Any mild petroleum based product will bring that off, just make sure it's not abrasive.

Users who are viewing this thread