Stripe Removal

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Quick question, I want to have my car professionally sealed with opti-coat but I have some minor paint flaws that needs to be fixed as well as a few scuffs on the stripes and they need to be replaced before they are sealed forever under the opti-coat. I will probably be buying the four hood stripes and the two bumper stripes, I'm trying to see if anyone has done or knows how hard it is to remove and replace the stripes. I guess any good shop can do it I just want it done right. God I wish I had done the opti-coat immediately after buying her :( Thanks for any input :beer:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Check out this video, he uses a fine machine polish as a cleaner for vinyl stripes. Maybe you can get the scuffs out instead of replacing them? I've used the Super VRT on my stripes and I think it's pretty good stuff.

[video=youtube_share;Qt5QdL6pzYQ]http://youtu.be/Qt5QdL6pzYQ[/video]

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I had a shop remove my stripes vinyl stripes and then paint them back on when I had my 07. Stripe removal can be a bit of a PITA I would just let a shop handle it to make sure it comes out right.

Tmatt142

Established Member
The stock Ford stripes are a breeze to get off. It's the aftermarket ones that require actual work! GL

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Thanks for the video and all replies I will try that. I definitely think I will have a shop do them if I got that route. Also the stripes will be factory OEM pieces as I want them to match right. The bumper stripe may be able to be cleaned but I think the hood stripe is more of a scratch. I will post pics when I get home to show you what I'm talking about

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Here is a pic of the hood chips and the scratch on the stripe. The last pic is not great quality but shows that you cant see the scratch at a glance but its definitely visible if you look at it and its killing my OCD! Its on the passenger side stripe. That little dot on the driver side must be dust because there is nothing there. Also just throwing it out there it looks like they would possibly have to remove the hood vent as the stripe seems to dip just under it so I was also considering a true forged piece. I'm gonna go back and search for that old thread but can anyone comment on how the satin vents look against the matte stripes? they only show white ones on the site. Thanks again!

hoodchip_zps0763481b.jpg

Stripescratch_zpsb523f4d6.jpg

IMAG0551_zps7fa5c993.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread