Stress at work

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
People who actually enjoy their jobs. Monday’s and Friday’s feel the same to me.

The only people I know that don't look forward to the weekend are the ones that don't like to go home/hate their wives etc.
I definitely worked with a few. They worked every bit of O.T. available.

FJohnny

Established Member
I pity the poor guys who love work days as much as days off. How sad.

Without contrast all days would feel the same. Wallowing in mediocrity, sameness and blandiose dullard boredom.

How do you fully appreciate cruising on a warm summer day when you never experience snow and putting the car to bed for who knows how long?

Yup, I feel bad for those guys.

That said, I wouldn't mind trying it. But not a steady diet of it. Maybe a decade or so. No more.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
11ac1ea3416f8b4ca420057f8698e95040a4a8a2.gif

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Stress is why I have zero aspirations to become a manager. I’m perfectly content being a stress free indian at work. In my field, you become married to the company when you join management. The phone never stops ringing and you have to answer the phone on weekends and after hours as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
One of my co-workers was working 16 hour shifts and went home two Fridays ago. He died in his car and was found 2 days later. He was only 50.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I pity the poor guys who love work days as much as days off. How sad.

Without contrast all days would feel the same. Wallowing in mediocrity, sameness and blandiose dullard boredom.

How do you fully appreciate cruising on a warm summer day when you never experience snow and putting the car to bed for who knows how long?

Yup, I feel bad for those guys.

That said, I wouldn't mind trying it. But not a steady diet of it. Maybe a decade or so. No more.
See, that's me. I love my work. Fixing xray machines. Robotic xray machines! High voltage, ionizing radiation, on a six-axis robot arm.

But the management and administrative side? Oh, Lord, please spare me.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
One of my co-workers was working 16 hour shifts and went home two Fridays ago. He died in his car and was found 2 days later. He was only 50.

I’ve seen many of people have that happen to them in the oil and gas industry .. especially when I fracked in North Dakota

Working 100 hour weeks.. go to the man camp and die alone

01yellercobra

Established Member
See, that's me. I love my work. Fixing xray machines. Robotic xray machines! High voltage, ionizing radiation, on a six-axis robot arm.

That's pretty much how I feel about my job. Occasionally I get burned out, but for the most part I enjoy it.

A couple weeks ago I had to sit down with my supervisor and basically tell him they need to stop coming to me for every little issue. He admitted he didn't realize how much him and the work lead rely on me. They've started leaning on other techs more to actually do their jobs now.

cobracide

Established Member
My manager started swearing at me in a meeting - wtf do I pay you for y fkn.. blah blah. Got home sent an email to the CEO and quit the next day. Top 10 bank working IT. My next job (yet another top 10 bank) the IT infrastructure team were not properly sizing the SQL server VMs - I'm not even a DBA or VM guy and figured it out. After the upteenth incident I called them out because I was tired of the BS. Suddenly with the addiional RAM we had no more issues. The next weekend they pushed a patch out to my app severs that broke them. Spent all weekend backing out the patch from my servers. Obvious retaliation. Quit that Monday and haven't worked in years.

Work is a four letter word for a reason. I enjoy working on computers but management and people backstab and **** it up. As soon as all the indians arrived - suddenly IT went to shit and everyone was a slave to management idiots who don't have a clue on how computers actually work. Before at least you were treated with respect. Now I wouldn't recommend IT to my worst enemy.

Last edited:

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I’ve seen many of people have that happen to them in the oil and gas industry .. especially when I fracked in North Dakota

Working 100 hour weeks.. go to the man camp and die alone
It's a damn shame and not worth it. He was retired from the Army and working multiple jobs because he liked nice things.
And like you pointed out, he also worked a 100 hour week.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I hated working for people dumber than me and that takes a lot.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Time to pick up your bags and move on, IMO. Life is hard enough without work life being stressful as well.

You are kidding yourself if you think most workplaces actually care whether you are stressed or not. They. Don't. They will work you as hard as they can, like a borrowed mule, and replace you with another mule when the time comes. It is telling that you warned them two years ago and they didn't heed the warning.

Go somewhere that doesn't treat you like a piece of equipment and actually gives a reasonable workload. That's what I did.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love working more than I love being at home/weekends. The difference is that I don't hate my job.

I get a rush job maybe once a month. The "rush job" is generally a couple of days turn time. I raise my eyebrows and tell them "I'll do my best to hit that timeline" and they apologize profusely for the rush and then tell me if I don't hit it it's ok. I knock it out in an hour. LOL

Previous job had 5-10 rush jobs per day, on top of 30-50 regular jobs as well. Didn't realize how stressful it actually was till I got to my current job and realized I had zero stress at this one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread