Street Races, Philadelphia

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Has anyone been going to these lately. I took my car around sat night, but hardly everyone was around... Except the cops. They were even pulling bikes over:bash: Someone was telling me someone got killed, and the local residents have been raising hell, so the cops are out in force. Are people going anywhere else now. I feel out of the loop, most of my friends havent gone down there for years.

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
yea i havent been there in years either. i drove threw there a few months ago it was all ricers not even worht getting pulled over for

its defently alot differnt than it was about 8 years ago you could race down there all night and not see a cop

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
yea it does suck im 28
when my friends and i got our 5.0s that is where we would be every friday saturday and sunday night for a bout 4 years
good ole days lol

mystic04

Established Member
Your all young guys back in my day the 70's we used to race on 70th behind the auto mall, of course front st. and the old airport runway. FRom what i have heard the police are really cracking down on the street racing any car that looks hot your gonna get a ticket or pulled over for some reason or another philly cops are great for busting your stones for no reason. Oh the good ole days of the 70's. they used to flood 70ths with water to stop us or hide in the car lots till we started then block off the roads to get us all. Not worth the tickets and possible inpound of your car nowdays take it to the track guy's is much safer than the streets.

vipergts281

Established Member
Well I'll be up there tonight. I just watch for the most part as well.

Just to give you an idea......a pullied Cobra is one of the fastest cars up there. But there are quite a few cars that run very good.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Yeah Ill be there tonight as well. Im gonna be in a black 98 cobra. Ill have to keep my eyes out for u. Do u see alot of camaros there. I really want to see if I can stay with a stock ls1 at all.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by WishIHadaCobra
Yeah Ill be there tonight as well. Im gonna be in a black 98 cobra. Ill have to keep my eyes out for u. Do u see alot of camaros there. I really want to see if I can stay with a stock ls1 at all.
I'll be there. Like I said, if you see a black Supra or silver Saleen Cobra vert, I should be right around then.

I'll send you another PM with a bit more info.

Me and the black Supra were pacing a SS Camaro last week. But he had a few mods. But I have seen a few Trans Am around. Not sure about mods though.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
Ive been to a few, mostly just rice, nothing remotely fast, or most are kids in cars that cant drive them... like one of our gtp members that typically runs 13.6s@100mph whomping a brand new mach 1. lol, im like ya know, ill whoop on him so how is he whooping a mach 1?

Lotta cops this year though, if you guys are going down this weekend, let me know, ill go if my cars done lol.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by ramairfreak98ss
Ive been to a few, mostly just rice, nothing remotely fast, or most are kids in cars that cant drive them... like one of our gtp members that typically runs 13.6s@100mph whomping a brand new mach 1. lol, im like ya know, ill whoop on him so how is he whooping a mach 1?

Lotta cops this year though, if you guys are going down this weekend, let me know, ill go if my cars done lol.
You may be thinking of South Philly. South Philly is gay.

vipergts281

Established Member
Last Sunday there were a few 03/04 Cobra's out, a C5, 97 TT Supra, 98 Cobra, newer SS, 94 Blown Cobra, Blown GT, and the best car being a Ferarri 355.

Users who are viewing this thread