Street racers opinion needed?

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
A guy at work just bought a 1990 lx and has 306,iron gt40 heads, vortech s trim,5 -speed,and slicks.its a street car not gutted or anything .so he hit me up to race for the past two days and I said sure.i have 2012 gt a6 car with steeda cai,stainless LT,O-R-X pipe,tube k member with 15in. drag radials. I think I may have more HP but my car is heavier. SHOULD I PLAN ON GETTING BEAT?:bash:

GrabUblue

Established Member
From a digg or roll? You should pull him, those gt-40 heads are killing him.

Last edited:

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Depends on what boost he is pushing if it's a stock block that's just been punched to 306 he maybe pushing 350 is

Weight is a factor to you may have 50-60 hp but he has 400 lbs on you.

I walked my buddy's gutted 331 stroker that had h/c/I slicks stall etc etc but only after I hit 3rd and that was in my boss so with a blower on his it could be a drivers race

stang910

Established Member
I raced my old fox that had similar mods back in 2011. My car was a intake, or-x, and tune car at the time. It put down 430 and the fox put down 450 on the same dyno. We were neck and neck from what I could tell but he says he was starting to pull on me slightly.

Here's a video of us at the track.

[video=youtube_share;XfAqkFyyTno]http://youtu.be/XfAqkFyyTno[/video]

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
its a drivers race honestly, the Fox should be a high 11sec car...figure 113-115mph

Last edited:

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Should beat him IMO - my A6 with drag radials dead hooks from a dig on the street so I beat a lot of cars I shouldn't.

Roll race is a different story.

onefastmf

Established Member
Buddy had same combo, ran 11 teens all day, if he's a good driver he will more than likely wack you. Better strap in a bottle

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
race is tues.the only thing in my favor is he has 5-SPEED and 1 little mess up and I am gone.my car dead hooks on street with drag radials and not sure bout his.

vortecd

Established Member
The fox could be 12's to 10's. Being a 5-speed anything could go wrong

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
you should take him. Coming from many foxy bodies, that car might make about 430 rwhp on like 8-10 lbs of boost. Many of my friends have had similar setups and went 11.80s @118. If your car dead hooks, you should take it. Cast iron gt40 heads suck, and hes probably running a gt40 intake, which also sucks. Probably also has an alphabet cam, they too suck. Theres a reason everyone is removing the 302 pushrod and replacing them with lsx based engines lol. That being said, anything can happen!

Users who are viewing this thread