Street race for $$ Ford Mustang vs Nissan GTR

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Why is this video going around like wildfire right now? Is it because it's against a GTR?

Fox's have been racing like that for two decades now. It's nothing new.

I have to agree. I think it's all the GT-R kiddies who forgot what a well setup rwd/v8 drag car does in a race like this.

But da GT-R be AWD YO! :p

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Beware the Fox! Sad to say, but with all the GTR "dominance" videos out there, I had forgotten how much ass the Fox can kick.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It's funny to read all the posts. The GTR, BUGATTI VERYRON, and how many other SUPERCARS can get creamed by a well built FOX. I have many friends who drive daily 9 second foxes. It is what it is! Straight line I'm saying. That is all.

mr2cam

Established Member
How do those t5 transmissions shift compared to a t56?

I have a feeling this isn't a stock T5, if it is then the guy is an amazing driver.. Looks like a transmission with strait cut gears based on the video.

C6Z06427

Established Member
Damn. I was expecting flames to be coming off his car when he took off. I can't imagine the look on that gtr owner's face when he went screaming by

stang8psi

Established Member
since when did the toyo r888 become drag radials? Good kill for the fox! seems like there could be a bit more mods than listed on the fox?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Best way to get power out of a SBF, is to let the bitch rev.. undersquare motors love RPM. Solid roller FTW.

I have a feeling this isn't a stock T5, if it is then the guy is an amazing driver.. Looks like a transmission with strait cut gears based on the video.

Probably not stock, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is... They are one of the easiest tranny's to drive like that.. and on top of it, it seems like driver solved 2 problems by keeping a soft clutch that slips in the car.. 1. Keep the revs up in between gears, and 2. Keeping that tranny alive. Albeit you might have to swap clutches alot more frequently, but if it is a stock t-5, you can just throw another one in there while your at it, lol.

Last edited:

wma8706

Established Member
since when did the toyo r888 become drag radials? Good kill for the fox! seems like there could be a bit more mods than listed on the fox?

+1 I'm sure something is left out. If you checked out the 3rd video in the thread. This same fox drugged a Ysi 900hp vette!

svtaddict

Established Member
ive read all the post here about how it can be a t-5 and still find it hard to believe after snapping numerous t-5s in my fox. hes probably got a tremec.

Users who are viewing this thread