Street outlaws show ?

ctgreddy

Established Member
I heard Flip shot himself in the head after losing his job. At least that is what someone posted on yellow bullet.

I know the show is reality TV, but I think its entertaining. I don't think the races at the end are rigged...but that is just me.

And there are lots of people saying they are faster or have friends that are faster. I guess there is a standing $10,000 bet for anyone that wants to come try them out...this is also posted on Yellow Bullet. So far, all those that claim they are faster have yet to show up.

I remember a couple of those vehicles when I was stationed in Oklahoma many years ago. I remember Varley's gold stang being trailer out to the local meet up spot and them all heading off to a place in the country to race.

And all those racers are on Yellow Bullet. There is a 350+ page thread over there on this show

I haven't heard about that big of bet. My coworker has a 632ci fox body with 3 kits and is trying to go down there but big cheif wont get back to him. It's also a small tire stock suspension car. I dont think they're taking many of their call outs seriously.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I've watched it and agree that it's like 99% of reality shows...scripted so the masses will tune their antennae to it. I wouldn't call it "Street Outlaws" though...I would call it "Dudes that Don't Feel Like Going to the Track on Friday Nights for Grudge Night." Farmtruck seems to keep it real "streetish" by racing people for money on the street. The other dudes trailer their cars to closed off sections of road where portable light generators are set up and no traffic is ever encountered (Read: Scripted) so why not just go to a track? The only real risk is not earning Discovery's buck or sliding off the road because the "track" isn't prepped for your 1,000+ RWHP "Street Car." You can bet on races at the track too as long as you aren't an idiot.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
I've watched it and agree that it's like 99% of reality shows...scripted so the masses will tune their antennae to it. I wouldn't call it "Street Outlaws" though...I would call it "Dudes that Don't Feel Like Going to the Track on Friday Nights for Grudge Night." Farmtruck seems to keep it real "streetish" by racing people for money on the street. The other dudes trailer their cars to closed off sections of road where portable light generators are set up and no traffic is ever encountered (Read: Scripted) so why not just go to a track? The only real risk is not earning Discovery's buck or sliding off the road because the "track" isn't prepped for your 1,000+ RWHP "Street Car." You can bet on races at the track too as long as you aren't an idiot.

Like I said, they're trying to be different. anyone can go to the track and run their high hp car, very few guys can do it on the street with as much power as these guys. Plus the blocked off roads and television lights when they go "racing" is only because of the show. When they normally do it, it's not a closed off road and they get in and get out. About the only thing on this show that's real is the cars and people. Everything else is done differently.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
OKC came out to SoCal a couple of weeks ago, they told us they want to bring 5 of their fastest cars vs. our fastest cars. Of Course we said bring it ;-) and we're waiting to hear back from them.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
OKC came out to SoCal a couple of weeks ago, they told us they want to bring 5 of their fastest cars vs. our fastest cars. Of Course we said bring it ;-) and we're waiting to hear back from them.

oh snap. You guys gonna be on Street Outlaws?

NewDuuude

Established Member
The sad part is, now every little street racer in our state is going to try and "represent" our state and will look like straight fools.

Last edited:

testorossa1989

Established Member
The sad part is, now every little street racer,in our state is gping to try and "represent" our state and will look like straight fools.

Outlaw races and street races happen all the time. Ironically the biggest heavy weights are the ones who are rarely ever seen and little is known about them. Sounds like you juat have wanna bee kids in your area

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
" The fastest street cars in the country"....... far from being street legal or legit. lol more like racecars racing on a street ,,big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread