Street outlaws show ?

Mustang289

Established Member
Anyone watch this show? They claim to have "the fastest street cars in America"... Some of the cars are fast - but a 5,000 lb. truck and a few others??

They just went to Texas to race against Texas cars. Funny how the cars from Oklahoma won every race. Could it be if Texas won - would not look good for the show? Also some dumb*** with a Chevy Duce got beat handily and came back for an additional beating.. Would make you wonder how rigged this was.

ctgreddy

Established Member
The show was scripted for sure, but the cars are all real. boostedgt from texas is said to have one of thee fastest small tire street raced cars around. He only lost because flip and the elcamino almost doubled their n2o shot just for the race and wasnt' sure if it'd even make it down the track lol.

My buddy moved to okc a few years ago and he actually knows a few of those guys well. The guys and cars are real, the murder nova runs 4.7x's at the track with his "street" tune. And that pimp juice stuff they use to prep with is amazing, feeling that and then feeling regular tracbite is like going from superglue to water.

NewDuuude

Established Member
They used to rent out our local track.

What does this have to do with terminators lol

mi03cobra

Established Member
I say the Texas and OKC boys make it to Detroit for some ass whoopins! I know theyre are some bad mofos around there, and they race for way more money than that!

testorossa1989

Established Member
Anyone watch this show? They claim to have "the fastest street cars in America"... Some of the cars are fast - but a 5,000 lb. truck and a few others??

They just went to Texas to race against Texas cars. Funny how the cars from Oklahoma won every race. Could it be if Texas won - would not look good for the show? Also some dumb*** with a Chevy Duce got beat handily and came back for an additional beating.. Would make you wonder how rigged this was.

The show is rigged, but i will admit that camaro that has the F1AX centri or whatever trim is pretty damn quick but obviously its all tv magic. I know of cars faster than theres and if they have underground racing then why do they have brackets and not go to the track? I would have more respect for the show if it actually showed a established organization of racing. Ive seen real street races where people drop off cars from flatbeds run and then leave. None of there bs.

Its such a joke, From what im told though.. that farm truck is a real car on the LS forums and does actually run a 10sec pass. In the show, its nothing better that a 12.5 but hey they are after ratings

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Its entertaining. I wasnt too happy when Tx lost all of its races. Bunch of amateurs. lol

NewDuuude

Established Member
Not sticking up for the show but all the cars are real lol.
They used to rent out our local strip, and race from the opposite end

Lol we all think its rigged in some areas, obviously, yet we still watch :pepper:

wormriddle

Established Member
Not sticking up for the show but all the cars are real lol.
They used to rent out our local strip, and race from the opposite end

Lol we all think its rigged in some areas, obviously, yet we still watch :pepper:

The races themselves and test runs definately are, streets are surely closed. Discovery would be stupid to put that on and have some unknowing Okie headed home from Dollar General with her kids get ran over in their Subaru Brat and injured. I don't doubt the cars one bit, and still watch the show.

03cobrajc

Established Member
Anyone have an idea how flip past away? I read on google suicide. About the show though I would hate when doc would go to track to tune his car and they would show car go down track and turn it off right before the time would come up for his run.

NewDuuude

Established Member
+1 for times not shown.

Pretty sure they go to the small airports for the filming. There are spot lights and what not

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I read the same thing.

Anyone have an idea how flip past away? I read on google suicide. About the show though I would hate when doc would go to track to tune his car and they would show car go down track and turn it off right before the time would come up for his run.

MGC

Established Member
I like it :shrug: obviously parts are staged but it's entertaining and it's racing. Better than honey boo boo child my wife likes to watch. Looking on YouTube murdernova runs a 4 second 1/8th mile so he definitely ain't slow.. Only thing I really don't like is all the cut away race scenes, just show a full run from one angle dammit!

03cobrajc

Established Member
I also agree show the whole race like we are watching you tube. But, I really like the show, I'm waiting to see how long it takes before cities around start forming little 10 car leagues that street race and rank themselves. I remember when fast and furious first came out everyone had a ricer car with nos

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ local club tried that up here and it just got stupid after a week with bad organization and too many people wanting to race.

They all do the street racing just so they can say they have the fastest street raced cars around, There's a lot of fast ass cars out there that can go 4.7x 1/8th mile, but I'm sure most of them wouldn't be able to hook on the street.

for track times, do you guys actually think they'd show times even at the track? I'd bet every car in this little league runs no et, so no point on showing the car pass the line when nothing comes on the screen.

And yes, sadly Flip did commit suicide. I never was told why but that part is true. Sad to hear about that happen.

Marc

Established Member
I heard Flip shot himself in the head after losing his job. At least that is what someone posted on yellow bullet.

I know the show is reality TV, but I think its entertaining. I don't think the races at the end are rigged...but that is just me.

And there are lots of people saying they are faster or have friends that are faster. I guess there is a standing $10,000 bet for anyone that wants to come try them out...this is also posted on Yellow Bullet. So far, all those that claim they are faster have yet to show up.

I remember a couple of those vehicles when I was stationed in Oklahoma many years ago. I remember Varley's gold stang being trailer out to the local meet up spot and them all heading off to a place in the country to race.

And all those racers are on Yellow Bullet. There is a 350+ page thread over there on this show

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread