Strange Struts Viking Shocks Question

whiplash920

Established Member
Those of you running this set-up, what setting for the front struts (single adjustable Stranges') and then what setting for compression and rebound for the rears (Viking dual adjustable) - for street driving. Thanks!

devilish64

Established Member
i just searched that exact thing the other day and found a ton of results... really depends on your suspension, type of bushings, weight of the car and what you looking to do with the car. Do a search but more importantly just try what feels best on you car. IMO.... that is a great setup. im a more straight line drag race type of guy so my car is set up to plant the rear tires hard.... its a lil bouncy tho on the street. 5r 12c on the vikings.... but like i said to many factors here to just throw out shock and strut adjustment numbers blindly. kelly from BMR knows all about this shit

jenkins_1120

Established Member
for a starting point with those at the track i ran a 6R 12C driver side and 8/14 passenger side, for the street I just halved it and was good with that. this was for the rears. I have some strange dbl adjustable for the front coming soon and ill get the settings for those.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Those of you running this set-up, what setting for the front struts (single adjustable Stranges') and then what setting for compression and rebound for the rears (Viking dual adjustable) - for street driving. Thanks!
5 on the stranges. 4/4 on the doubles on my 07 GT500

whiplash920

Established Member
thanks for the responses. Viking manufacturer sent settings for drag racing based on rwhp levels, plus with some of the advice here, i have a great starting point for the strip.

Ive read that you want the front and rear settings to be close as it will affect handling on the street. Since the struts/shocks are 2 different brands, i was trying to figure what others with this setup have done for the street that allows for good handlng as well. I will be erroring on the side of increased stiffness (we're talking street use, not strip) as the front tires rub a bit on the inside of the fenders at spots with medium sized or larger bumps. was hoping that the new struts along with the steeda springs i have will help prevent that rub.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread