Storing parts.

03blackvert

Established Member
So you just got a new frozbaz for your cobra and took off the stock frozbaz in the process. Being a packrat you decide to save the frozbaz in case you want to put it back on later, or make your retirement at a swap meet in 25 years. How do you store your stock frozbaz?

I have a number of parts I want to carefully store, but I'm not sure what the best things are to do for long term storage so they don't get damaged. Besides buying a box of desicant, any tips?

:shrug:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Clean them now and store in clean dry area. Every so often make sure no bugs have nested and reclean.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Metallic elements might receive a light coat of oil to inhibit the formation of rust.

03blackvert

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
I have to ask. What's a frozbaz? :thumbsup:

I figured a guy like you would know. It's the little orange/lime-green thing on the passinger side of the engine. Dunno why they used such a crappy one stock. $20 at AutoZone gets you a new one that adds 200HP and 225Ft-Lbs! Best value going. I recomend everyone replace their frozbaz. It also gets rid of the vibe, the tick, and sometimes even fixes paint defects. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :p

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 03blackvert
I figured a guy like you would know. It's the little orange/lime-green thing on the passinger side of the engine. Dunno why they used such a crappy one stock. $20 at AutoZone gets you a new one that adds 200HP and 225Ft-Lbs! Best value going. I recomend everyone replace their frozbaz. It also gets rid of the vibe, the tick, and sometimes even fixes paint defects. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: And washes the dishes on Tuesdays.

davidmax

Established Member
I use alot of shrink wrap,tires are useless specially here in AZ. there shot in 6 mos I try to sell good tires and with people walking into the boutique section of the shop we very often have Pilot Sports or KD's in your size and we measure tread wear for you so you can see the wear.I'm storing my rear seat I installed the delete kit and that will be Zymol cleaned and scotch gaurded and shrunk wrapped and checked every 6-8 mos.
Metal surfaces could lightly WD 40 them and we have large fibre board containers to store in.We dont have rusting problems in AZ.
so you can get away with not much metal protection but we still need to make sure it meets our ANAL specs.Dave S.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a nice dry basement with an office. My spare parts are stored in my closet. That's great as long as they are "small" parts. If I start to switch out hoods and rear suspensions then I've got to consider alternatives. Heck, I've still got my original '94 Z/28 hood in my garage. Hoping to get rid of it at a tag sale this weekend.
:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread