stock vs mm isos

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
I put h&r ss coupe springs on my vert with the stock isos all the way around. The car looks good but sits way too low in the back. I've torn up my catback and rear tire from rubbing. Do you think the maximum motorsports isos will raise it up more than the stockers? I hope so as I dont want to buy another set of springs just for the rear, I bought them used and wasn't aware of the differences in vert vs coupe springs. I just need a little bit of a lift not much though. Thanks for any input.

Btw, not looking forward to changing the motor mounts lol

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
UNSTABL99

How she sits now.. but all the exhaust it torn up and mangled due to the bad motor mounts and how low she sits in the back

Last edited:

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
IMAG0015.jpg

How she sits now except you cant see the mangled exhaust from the broken motor mounts plus it being too low in the back.. almost looks like it's sagging in the back. Brand new bilstein hds on the rear too

zPipes

Established Member
First you should either have your fenders rolled, or cut, so that your tire can move freely.

The mm isos will raise the car more than the stock isos.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I think you'll get like 1/4" with the MM isos, so they'll help, but you'll probably still have the reverse rake look going on.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I was in a similar situation with the reverse rake after cutting my stock 04 cobra springs. The mm isos brought the back up perfectly on my car and I am now satisfied with my stance. Your car looks slightly lower in the back than mine did, but I guarantee the mm isos will make a significant difference.

zPipes

Established Member
The car actually looks pretty level to the ground. Our cars have a slight natural rake look to them, I like how yours is level. Now being said, yes if you look at tire gapping it looks off.

**Edit- I can definatley see tho how being that low would be quite a pain.

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
OP, I had the same issue.

This what it car looked like with all MM isos in place, front and rear :xpl::

20130424_083103_zps10332047.jpg

This is what it looks like with fronts in and only the upper iso in the rear:

DSC08043_zpsddb239a9.jpg

I still kind of wish the rear sat a touch lower but it'll do for now.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys, also remember that I have coupe springs in the rear which is why it's sitting so much lower. And if my memory serves correct. It's the 1" eibach bolt on spacers.. either 1" or slightly smaller but I believe it's the 1". I like how it turned out though, but it may look like they stick out because that was the quarter pnel that got smashed in the wreck. I pulled it so Idk, it's not too much off from the other side

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
IMG_20130503_220218.jpg

Just a few more shots.. one of pass side. To me it looks like the driver side pokes out just a hair more than the passenger side.. could just be an illusion though. I need to do the motor mounts so my exhaust will stop shifting around and creating leaks

Users who are viewing this thread