Stock Terminator Air Box

Hotwire

Established Member
Will any of you with stock air box still installed please take close ups of the air box and the bolt that holds it in place to the passenger side fender?

Thanks!

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Maybe these can help you. Not sure exactly what detail you're needing to see...

airbox1.jpgairbox2.jpgairbox3.jpgairbox4.jpg

Black2010

Established Member
Check that out. I'm not the only one with a stock airbox still on the car. Question for those that still have the stock one. What is the trick to get the filter out easily? Seems like I have to fight with mine any time I go to change the filter. i wind up having to take the whole tube out.

Hotwire

Established Member
For those of you with the stock air box, what does the bolt that mounts the box to the passenger fender screw into? Is there a nut behind the fender or is it a built in grommet?

See pictures above for the bolt I'm talking about.

Last edited:

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
For those of you with the stock air box, what does the bolt that mounts the box to the passenger fender screw into? Is there a nut behind the fender or is it a built in grommet?

See pictures above for the bolt I'm talking about.

It threads into a nut that is held in place by a clip, if memory serves.

Hotwire

Established Member
I'm having a hard time locating a part number for it. I have found the bolt, grommet that is on air box but can't find the nut with clip. Anyone have any ideas?

Black2010

Established Member
the trick is to take the whole tube out.

That makes me feel better at least. I thought I was going to lose my man card for having to do it that way. I was sure someone would poke fun at me for missing something obvious. Seems like it should have been designed better than tat.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I thought I was the only person that had trouble with the stock air box. Can be a pain for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread