Stock suspension 60fts?

Turbosixx

Established Member
zero suspension only lowering springs all else 100% stock.

Yes you are right forgot to mention k springs which really should hurt me on the 60fts ;-)

I think it has a 1.35 in it with the new alumastars. They're like two pounds lighter than the racestars, lol.

BMR Tech

You can go really quick to the sixty with stock suspension, on pretty much any car - assuming the tire is large enough and the track is right.

The primary purpose for a suspension system is gaining consistency, which is crucial for many reasons, including getting the car to improve in a manner that allows you to run the best possible time for the given combination.

In a bracket class, for example, the cars that cut the most consistent sixty foots tend to be more successful, even if their R/T is not spot on. If you have a 13-14-15 second bracket car, then of course....suspension is not as crucial.

Our car has been 1.4's with the TVS, 82mm Pulley, deep staging...at 3780lbs. I am not so sure a stock suspension car could do that consistently.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
You can go really quick to the sixty with stock suspension, on pretty much any car - assuming the tire is large enough and the track is right.

The primary purpose for a suspension system is gaining consistency, which is crucial for many reasons, including getting the car to improve in a manner that allows you to run the best possible time for the given combination.

In a bracket class, for example, the cars that cut the most consistent sixty foots tend to be more successful, even if their R/T is not spot on. If you have a 13-14-15 second bracket car, then of course....suspension is not as crucial.

Our car has been 1.4's with the TVS, 82mm Pulley, deep staging...at 3780lbs. I am not so sure a stock suspension car could do that consistently.

On my last track outting, my auto car did 1.73 60ft and went 11.8 on just about every pass lol. Stock 100% suspension. I think with more power the 60ft would go down as i couldn't manage to make the car spin.. traction was flawless.

BMR Tech

On my last track outting, my auto car did 1.73 60ft and went 11.8 on just about every pass lol. Stock 100% suspension. I think with more power the 60ft would go down as i couldn't manage to make the car spin.. traction was flawless.

I don't doubt that one bit. If the conditions are right, it can be done.

spdracr0

Established Member
My car 60fts in the mid 1.40s every pass unless I really get out of the groove

Vic2186

Established Member
He has a tvs roush..auto.82mm stock converter and one hell of a tune lol

spdracr0

Established Member
82mm roush. Auto. 3.55s. Swaybar still on. I do have adjustable shocks cause one froze up. I run them 2 clicks from full soft. So just about where a stock shock would be. 295/50/15 Mickey Thompson drag radial. Stock tranny, stock converter.

CharlieR

Established Member
I've been 1.466(On 265/40/18's) and 1.462(On 275/50/15's) bests on 100 shot(.052 jet) with 3800 stall Circle D. Consistent low 1.5's on both those tire sizes but can't seem to hook 305/45/18's for the life of me(1.71 60' best on n2o, 1.70 N/A). :shrug:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
1.53 on 305/45/18 MT's with 20's on the front. Stock converter. Only suspension mod is a panhard bar to center the axle after the 10" wheels went on. The stock sway bar is still on. It's all due to the tune by VMP. Justin is the man!

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I think the stalled centrifugal cars are going to out 60' the PD cars on stock suspension. A whipple plus converter doesn't play too nice with the squishy stock LCA bushings. Really had to drive my car the first few hundred feet until I started adding parts, especially near sea level.
JMO :D

Users who are viewing this thread