Stock rods and pistons

joeason1010

Banned
I just want to thank Ford for putting these awesome rods and pistons in my Lightning I mean these rods are so awesome there to badass for my block that's why they wanted out I guess so now i have a ****in hole the size of a ---- on the side of my block thank you guys so much your awesome now i get to build a ****in forged bottom end the way it should have ****in came from FORD.

Edited by Admin: Watch the language outside of SD.

MJG

Established Member
Ouch, another vented block to add to the large and growing list as of late. Details? Mods?

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
Wow so you are blaming Ford for not making the motor capable of handling more boost than it was designed for? Hmmm perhaps from now on all car makers should prep the bottom ends for 1000rwhp so that this never happens again.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Wow so you are blaming Ford for not making the motor capable of handling more boost than it was designed for? Hmmm perhaps from now on all car makers should prep the bottom ends for 1000rwhp so that this never happens again.

if the cobra could why couldnt we as well we were onthe otherside of the plant :bored:

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
if the cobra could why couldnt we as well we were onthe otherside of the plant :bored:

I understand I just didn't see the need for the OP to call the Ford engineers "****" I mean after all they built one of the best sport truck to date.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I understand I just didn't see the need for the OP to call the Ford engineers "****" I mean after all they built one of the best sport truck to date.

I agree with you, Everyone knows going in, what is in the bottom end of these engines, and we push and push until BOOM, Who's fault. Come on I pushed my stock block hard too, and I was lucky, But I knew if it blew, it was MY fault not Fords. Yes its a shame we didn't get stronger rods. But we know what the consequents could be before we put the power adders on.

Boston Blackie

Established Member
Ford obviously learned a valuable lesson from building the Lightning. They then applied what they learned to the Cobra's bottom end. In effect we did the R&D for them as far as what will break goes.

joeason1010

Banned
Ya they built an awesome truck look great runs great but just don't try and mod it without building the bottom end. Another thing is why did ford build the cobras so good and the Lightnings like shit. I mean come on people the truck comes with 450 ftlbs stock man why not atleast put something in the bottom end to handle a little more fun I mean come on this is my second motor now i guess I gotta show ford how to build one that will stay in one piece it just doesn't make since to me these trucks are a pain in the ass to mess with if I didn't like it so much I would trash it

MJG

Established Member
Still waiting to hear the story behind the failure and with what MODS....

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Wait, so you blew TWO "stock" blocks? Or you blew the second one that was built after the first? If I blew one, I'd NEVER put another stocker back in... BUT I do agree, I dont see why they couldnt have built it a little better... at least to be safe at 500 RWHP....

joeason1010

Banned
I have blown 2 motors now man the first one blew up 3 hours after I left the Ford Dealership man 3 hours and 30 miles man that's it dude so ford put a new one back in it cause I was ****in pissed man. Now the second motor just took a shit man so ya I am gonna buy a Johnny Lightning Short block guys

MJG

Established Member
Were you beating on it? High speed kickdowns etc?

Just gotta know the limits,I baby mine and only let her rip on occasion, making sure to avoid the kickdowns and flipping of OD.

Would like to ease into going built.

But look at the bright side, your ride will come back MEAN.

Users who are viewing this thread