Stock parts.. Keep or sell???

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I have all the factory parts from my car and I always said to myself to keep everything. I never plan on putting the car back to stock, what did you guys do? all my factory parts have 3500 miles on them. I dont intend to sell my car but you never know what can happen.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
What parts do you have?

I would keep mine, if I were you because of the Mystichrome option. I knows its just paint and interior but thats just me. Thats why I have kept all my stock stuff put up. If you have the room keep them if not then you may want to sell. Just my 02 cents worth.

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Some of the things I have are blower, rims/tires, clutch, stock fuel system, overflow tanks, intake, etc.. I am sure I am missing some things. I have the room to keep everything but I figured if I am never going to use it again and its collecting dust why not get rid of it. It is always nice to have everything though.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I say hold onto them, you never know what might happen. Plus its always nice to say years down the line that you still have all the original parts.

oldmodman

Established Member
I kept all of mine. They are wrapped in plastic and stored in boxes. If I ever need them they will be just like new.

And I have needed my stock H pipe to pass smog:cuss:

Sure glad I saved all my old parts.:whine:

silverstang23

Established Member
I have all of my factory parts in my attic. i would like to keep my car until I get old (im only 20) and then put it back to stock. I hope that it might be some sort of classic that people would enjoy to see, but who knows.

Black306

Established Member
I sell them. If I'm done with a car and plan on selling it, the last thing I want to do is work on it bringing it back to stock.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I sell them. If I'm done with a car and plan on selling it, the last thing I want to do is work on it bringing it back to stock.

Agreed. I've sold almost everything that's come off my car. Made almost as much money selling the stock parts to break even with the new parts I've bought. Have no interest in returning the car back to stock, even if I do sell it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you are in california. selling stock parts are STUPID.

what are you gonna do come smog time when something happens to a "hookup" that used to be able to get you done? you no longer have the option of spending a day or so and reverting back to stock.

plus what if you sell the car down the road? you can make more if you revert the car to stock and sell it that way instead of modded. nobody wants to buy a modded car these days.

Black306

Established Member

what are you gonna do come smog time when something happens to a "hookup" that used to be able to get you done? you no longer have the option of spending a day or so and reverting back to stock.

plus what if you sell the car down the road? you can make more if you revert the car to stock and sell it that way instead of modded. nobody wants to buy a modded car these days.
I'm also in California. However with this Mustang, im careful how I modify it. The way the exeption is written for my Whipple, all the supporting mode are covered. No hook up and it passed at a test-only station. I got tired of looking for a hook up with a previous Mustang.

Sure it takes a bit longer to sell a modded car, but reverting a car back to stock costs time. Between making a few bucks back on stock parts and saving time, I'm good with losing a bit on selling a modded car.

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member

Actually im in Florida right now. When I was in California all my cars are/still registered in Florida, thus no smog, thus not needing a "hookup", thus not costing the retarted price cali charges to register a car.:coolman: :-D I doubt I will ever return it to stock but it obviously it thats in my mind at all I would need to keep everything.

Users who are viewing this thread