Stock or Aftermarket Sway Bars???

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
I have a 466 HP daily driver that sees the canyons much more then the track. Should I keep the stock sway bars and run PU bushings or should I go with the Eibach sway bar kit that also replaces the bushings and the links???

If I stay with the stock bars, I'll probably just replace the bushings and order the adjustable links through Maximum Motorsports!!!

I want the car to be tighter with less body roll but I'm far from a true canyon carver...the thing needs to be civil for the daily commute!!!

Any opinions and or comments???

Thanks...

Later...Dave

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Eibach does now p/n just the rear bar....go with that; leave the front alone.

What's the part# for the rear and does it come with PU bushings and new links???

For the front, just swap out the bushings and keep the stock bar???

Thanks for the input guys...

Later...Dave

racebronco2

Established Member
What's the part# for the rear and does it come with PU bushings and new links???

For the front, just swap out the bushings and keep the stock bar???

Later...Dave

Yes it comes with pu bushings but not new end-links. Yes on the front bushings.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Eibach rear bar p/n: 3590.312

MM Endlink set for rear: MMRSB-94

If you do the bar; do the endlinks. Keep the stock front bar, just upgrade the front bushings and put MM metal rack bushings in while you're there.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
For Drag; just drop the front bar off or undo and endlink while you're there.

Otherwise keep 'em both for street and track use. A rear upgrade will be nice in either case.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Are you setting up for drag racing or road course, more, less?

It's a street car, my daily driver. I hit the canyons (1) a month, the road course (1) a year and the drags (2) a year!!!

Not setting it up for any one particular type of driving/track...has to be a good overall performer!!!

My original post stated I wanted less body roll but I don't want to over do it because I still have to drive it on a regular basis.

I think the Eibach rear and some new bushings with links will get me to where I want to be.

My days of dropping the front sway bar for better transfer is long gone. I like minimal hassle when I go to the track nowadays...been there and done that with 5 previous Mustangs before this one.

I like just getting in, turning the key and droppin' the hammer!!!

Later...Dave

Last edited:

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
When I switched to a solid rear I didnt even bother installing another sway bar on the rear and I pull my front bar at the fdrag strip so thats why i said none. But My Cobra is severely drag orientated. Would love to get into road racing, but for now this is where i am at.

I hear mitched feelings on Eibach, why dont you just call up MM and see what they have to say. There pretty much golden when it comes to road racing advise and even some other areas.

Users who are viewing this thread