Stock intake tube with Dragon Throttle Body problems

gtmustang00

Established Member
Anybody ever have problems with the intake tube falling off even when you tighten it down? Seems it like to slip off. Any tips or tricks?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yes, just installed one a week ago and had it happen. Not fall all the way off but open a gap on top. I have stock tube and open filter steeda style. I opened the clamp on the MAF and got the shield pushed and down as far as I can to not hit the hood then tighten the shit out of the TB clamp. If there's a better solution I'd love to know.

Not happy because I was driving around with a pretty big intake leak at one point due to this.

Blueline

Established Member
Clean the inside lip of the tube with alcohol or some sort of parts cleaner really well. Then clean the throttle body too. Let it dry really well and really push it on there. Tighten while still pushing it on, it should hold. Give it a shot.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I trick I used to do on my grips on my bike, spray a little hair spray on the inside lip of the tube and slide it on. It will lube it up to help it go on, then dries and will help hold the inlet in place. Works like a charm on bike grips.

Users who are viewing this thread