Stock H-pipe + Steeda cat-back = good power?

Coiled03

Established Member
Does the steeda system make good power with a stock H pipe? I'm willing to give up a little rwhp for no drone, but if it's a dramatic difference, I'll go with something else. Anybody got any back-to-back dyno results?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do it! An aftermarket mid-pipe is not going to mean all that much to you power wise. Besides, to go with the catback now gives you time to hear the various mid-pipe to see which one you like the best. Dr. Gas X-pipes are supposed to yield the most power. H-pipe retain more of that classic Mustang muscle sound.

I had the Steeda catback and loved it. I would highly recommend it. I never had any drone and I even had a Magnaflow catted X-pipe. You will love the sound and quality in my opinion. Great choice!

EDIT: Don't get hung up on a power comparison with or without the stock H-pipe. Be more concentrated on the sound. You mentioned you don't want any drone so sound quality seems to be an important factor to you. Again, the little power you'll not gain because you stuck with the stock mid-pipe is not a biggie.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Great! Thanks, Bob!

EDIT: On another note, what's the best price you've seen for the cat-back? I've got an offer from a place for $578 and free shipping. Is that a good price?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread