Stock engine 700rwhp goal best setup

KINGCarnge

Established Member
My VMP Gen3 made 620 & 582 tq on 91. Want to go E85 but it is not available in my area. Looking to upgrade the VMP elbow, Accufab single blade tb, & JLT RAI to VMP big 5' GT500 intake kit in the next month or so. I've read for the price its really not worth the upgrade but with the Tune (from VMP) if I can get my car over 630, I guess I'll be satisfied.

Bamaterminator

Established Member
I would be interested in the screamer.
Curious why it's got a BAP on it. Upper only car on what I assume to be stock injectors... Maybe the previous owner had some plans that never came to fruition. Only works in your favor if you stick with the stock fuel system, though. That said and as stated above, E85 would make that hp goal much easier. If you wait long enough, I know where you could find a little 2.2 that might be able to scream its way to 700 on "corn brew."

*The term "corn brew" is copyrighted, hence the quotations. I won't tag the owner; he'll find his way in here on his own. lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ctozzi

Established Member
Here is the setup I ended up going with, I figured I always wanted that scream from the KB that made me love these cars. If I get bored after the dyno tune in a week I can always upgrade to a bigger blower.
6f062d6f55fd6a874037537325f01ef7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Here is the setup I ended up going with, I figured I always wanted that scream from the KB that made me love these cars. If I get bored after the dyno tune in a week I can always upgrade to a bigger blower.
View attachment 1660979

nice! i bet it will be an awesome and fun ride - enjoy

as far as the 700 goal in your thread title though, from what i understand you're not going to be hitting that on 91 octane - i believe a stock engined, pd blower terminator is only going to be safely maxing out in the 600 neighborhood.

My VMP Gen3 made 620 & 582 tq on 91. Want to go E85 but it is not available in my area. Looking to upgrade the VMP elbow, Accufab single blade tb, & JLT RAI to VMP big 5' GT500 intake kit in the next month or so. I've read for the price its really not worth the upgrade but with the Tune (from VMP) if I can get my car over 630, I guess I'll be satisfied.

sounds great - can you give details on the fuel system you have installed?

KINGCarnge

Established Member
nice! i bet it will be an awesome and fun ride - enjoy

as far as the 700 goal in your thread title though, from what i understand you're not going to be hitting that on 91 octane - i believe a stock engined, pd blower terminator is only going to be safely maxing out in the 600 neighborhood.

sounds great - can you give details on the fuel system you have installed?

I’m on 91. Trying everything in my power to buy and have Lethals return kit installed by the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Post a video up on YouTube of your car making a few hits. We need some new Kenne Bell videos to watch.

ctozzi

Established Member
Will do guys, I figured 700 hp as unrealistic with what I wanted to try 1st. If and when I get bored I’ll do a whipple 2.9 and all the supported mods needed. I’ve always wanted this setup so I figured let’s try it :)

KINGCarnge

Established Member
ok so stock returnless pumps with a bap? are you running an add'l fpdm? what size injectors? thanks

VMP bap, FIC 1000 cc injectors, deatschWerks fuel pumps. Not running the fpdm. I’ve got everything set up for E85 just wasn’t able to do
It at the time. But once we get that in place I’ll have a 2.9 upper installed as well(replacing the 3.1). I doubt I put a lower pulley on. Talking with my mechanic that should get me in the 720-750hp range.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Eman45

Established Member
Looking for advice, I just picked up a low mile almost stock anniversary edition 03 Car currently has -
48k miles
Upper pulley
Off road x
Borla stingers
Kenne bell boost a pump

Im looking for the best tried and true way to get safely to 700rwhp. I’m not dragging the car, but more a weekend cruise and car shows with my son for quality time with him.
Whipple 2.9
Kenne bell 2.4
VMP gen 3
???
Thanks for any advice
Chris

Got a vmp gen 2 with E85 making 700whp. Stock motor

VEGAS_SVT

Established Member
So here is what I’m going to be installing.

KB 2.2 I found a great kit for a great price and wanted to start small at first. Always loved the sheer scream they made :)
80# injectors
Kb bap
Sct 2600 maf
Jlt intake
Accufab sbtb
2.8 reichard racing pulley on kb
Stock lower
Metco pulleys and idler
Fuel 91 highest I can get in vegas and torco to get it to where my tuner can be aggressive but safe. e85 is sparse here as well:(
Stock manifold
Catted bassani X
Borla stingers

I really don’t care about crazy high hp numbers as much but am more interested in the raw feel of the car and easy driveability. I’ve had high hp cars before but this is a different build for me. My plan is to address things over time little by little. Thanks for all the input above
Chris

I am in Henderson and should be picking up my cobra on Monday. It's tuned on E85. There are several E85 stations here and I know the arco on Lake mead just past Fiesta has 100 race fuel at the pump.

Either way we should meet up and talk Cobras.

CarEnthusiast05

Established Member
Curious why it's got a BAP on it. Upper only car on what I assume to be stock injectors... Maybe the previous owner had some plans that never came to fruition. Only works in your favor if you stick with the stock fuel system, though. That said and as stated above, E85 would make that hp goal much easier. If you wait long enough, I know where you could find a little 2.2 that might be able to scream its way to 700 on "corn brew."

*The term "corn brew" is copyrighted, hence the quotations. I won't tag the owner; he'll find his way in here on his own. lol
Pmed

ctozzi

Established Member
Just an update as I was a tad disappointed with my 520hp on the dyno as well as apparently running out of fuel. I have picked up a lethal budget return system, I’ll be adding back my Reichard racing 2.8 pulley, all new metco idlers and the metco tensioner plate. I was getting belt slip at higher rpms while driving and not on the dyno.
50874d8556d7e1edde5266cdadac3108.jpg

KINGCarnge

Established Member
This gets me excited. I have a 2.65 VMP gen3 and finally going E85 in January. Along with a few other mods I’ve done/will be adding I will be disappointed if I’m not around 730 or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Go32blue

I am in Henderson and should be picking up my cobra on Monday. It's tuned on E85. There are several E85 stations here and I know the arco on Lake mead just past Fiesta has 100 race fuel at the pump.

Either way we should meet up and talk Cobras.
Hi! I am a happy new 03 cobra owner I’m Las Vegas! can I bounce some questions off you sometime? Ty! Todd 725-400-1988

nitrojunk

Established Member
Great numbers guys ... I might have to look into e85 now .. Current setup of 2.3 gen2, Ford GT pumps, Kooks Long tubes, Catted mid, Magnaflows, single blade TB, SCT2600, Level 5 Axles ..... makes 646 on 93 gas ... 580 Torque - Stock bottom end

Users who are viewing this thread