Stock Eaton SC vacuum leak HELP!!

DoinIckyS197

Established Member
I have an 04 with 60k, My car wont pass deq because she is running lean! A mechanic did a leakdown/smoke test and found a vacuum leak right under the pully were the intercooler fluid goes in. The Leak is fairly good size, he said i need a new gasket in between the plenum and SC! I just need help on knowing what gasket that is. Hopefully i can just replace the intake man, and plenum gasket's and be all set anyone have a good part # that would help. Thanks

TRBO VNM

Not sure I understand. Are you asking what that gasket is, he told you. go to your local dealer or call steve at tousley ford and ask for the gasket between the SC and lower intake. It is a rectangular metal gasket.

If you want to replace the lower gaskets as well, that is just lower intake to heads. I would also get one for the front intercooler manifold as well because a lot of times that gasket rips when you take it off.

DoinIckyS197

Established Member
Ok thanks I called my local ford dealer and asked for the gaskets and pricing, a day or to for shipments. I will get all three gaskets SC to lower intake, Intake to heads, and front intercooler manifold!! Is OEM Ford gaskets good enough or go with aftermarket?

TRBO VNM

Yup, OEM is perfect and I don't think they make aftermarket yet for the metal one or front one.

DoinIckyS197

Established Member
Alright cool, im on the phone now with the biggest Ford dealer in Oregon lol.. Thanks for the help guys. This is my first post sorry for being a dumb dumb!!

Users who are viewing this thread