Stock Demon on the Dyno: 724 RWHP

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Mid to high teens? not even close. maybe in Eco mode but not on kill mode! on kill mode 100 octane it won't be more the 6-8 mpg. their not gonna list mpg on kill mode for a 4300 lbs car cause that would scare most ppl away.

and where is anyone gonna get a 100 octane at the pump? I'm not aware of any pumps in my state that offer 100 octane.

E85 is race gas it jus happens to be available at the pump for some. not me tho. E85 is simply race gas for me cause its not available at any pump near me. HP between E85 and C16 is gonna be close. E85 probably better.

If you switch from C16 to E85 and adjust for fuel only w/out changing timing or boost control the E85 will make more power then C16.

I'd bet gas mileage to be in the mid to high teens. My pig gets an average worse of 18.xx when I'm sitting in traffic then go through a drive thru for lunch. If I avoid both of those on my commute it's been as high as 23 average.

And would the car pick up on E85 over race gas?

daves03svt

Established Member
Mid to high teens? not even close. maybe in Eco mode but not on kill mode! on kill mode 100 octane it won't be more the 6-8 mpg. their not gonna list mpg on kill mode for a 4300 lbs car cause that would scare most ppl away.

and where is anyone gonna get a 100 octane at the pump? I'm not aware of any pumps in my state that offer 100 octane.

E85 is race gas it jus happens to be available at the pump for some. not me tho. E85 is simply race gas for me cause its not available at any pump near me. HP between E85 and C16 is gonna be close. E85 probably better.

If you switch from C16 to E85 and adjust for fuel only w/out changing timing or boost control the E85 will make more power then C16.

Don't see why it couldn't make mid to high teens. My charger weighs more, makes 770whp on 91 and averages 18mpg city. Drove from SJ to LA last month and averaged 26mpg, with a few blasts well into the triple digits included.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
a car going 140 mph in the 1/4 weighing 4300 lbs is gonna get 15-17 mpg? not even close! again, don't confuse Eco-mode 500 hp with kill mode at 840 hp.

in kill mode ur 6-8 mpg at best!

770 whp at 4500 lbs on 91 octane at 18 mpg huh? bro that makes me lol literally!

Don't see why it couldn't make mid to high teens. My charger weighs more, makes 770whp on 91 and averages 18mpg city. Drove from SJ to LA last month and averaged 26mpg, with a few blasts well into the triple digits included.

daves03svt

Established Member
a car going 140 mph in the 1/4 weighing 4300 lbs is gonna get 15-17 mpg? not even close! again, don't confuse Eco-mode 500 hp with kill mode at 840 hp.

770 whp at 4500 lbs on 91 octane at 18 mpg huh? bro that makes me lol literally!

Lol, sure bro. Of course you would know more about my car and its mileage than me. I've only daily driven it for all 33k miles....but that means nothing I guess.

You do realize that folks don't drive WOT 100% of the time? Sure I've had moments of 10mpg when beating the car constantly. For my daily commute of 20-30 miles, I average 18mpg. Don't know what else to tell ya.

Zemedici

Established Member
Lol, sure bro. Of course you would know more about my car and its mileage than me. I've only daily driven it for all 33k miles....but that means nothing I guess.

You do realize that folks don't drive WOT 100% of the time? Sure I've had moments of 10mpg when beating the car constantly. For my daily commute of 20-30 miles, I average 18mpg. Don't know what else to tell ya.

Getting groceries, 1/4 mile at a time....

daves03svt

Established Member
Getting groceries, 1/4 mile at a time....

Actually that is a bit like this morning getting donuts. Drove 2 miles and saw my range estimator go from 90 to 70 miles lol.

In the end, who gives a squat about the demons mpg, or mine for that matter. These cars are a blast and worth every wasted drop of gas, just like the gt500/350, zo6 etc.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Like a trackhawk?
Can't wait to see some modded Trackhawks, and for the record my '16 Charger HC is getting 17.8mpg total avg DD mixed over almost 12k miles. Great DD package.

Also can't wait for a few basic modded Demon results.
Lower pulley, E85, headers....
-J

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

So. Im assuming you’re getting 6-8 avg mpg with your demon? Can you post a pic?

Btw, you’re wrong.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Like a trackhawk?
I love me some Trackhawk. There was a video up on Youtube that got taken down because of "copyright" issues, but that machine is stupid fast!!! And that was without the launch control button as the truck had less than 500 miles on it. (Launch button is disabled from Jeep until the break-in mileage, 500 miles, are past.)
I emailed my Dodge salesman and he said they have 4 of them on order, should be here maybe late February. I'm going to check them out and take one for a test drive.
I would order mine as I want color/option specific. ONLY, and ONLY if I get what I want for my truck trade-in. I've always wanted the SRT Jeep back in the day and that was my main pick before going with my current truck. Not that it's got a beast in the engine bay, SO MUCH WANT. lol
We'll see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread