Stock clutch went bye bye at Superior

bbeers

I'm back home now while my car remains at Superior. As some of you saw yesterday my car seems to be making big power. I had a sneeking feeling my clutch was slipping before the KB install. During the very first dyno pull the the clutch went away.

Maybe it's because we were getting the 23 psi out of the KB blower! So I had to drive home yesterday by myself without my Cobra and my car will be at Superior all week getting the the Mcleod (McCloud) clutch setup and some other little stuff done. If any of you have time to video tape the dyno for me I would greatly appreciate it.

It was nice hanging with you guys yesterday. Thanks for your company.

Britt

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Britt, your car is a freaking MONSTER. I'd love to see it run some time.

BTW, check out the C-bad thread, I'm an 11 sec member now too. :beer:

bbeers

Clutch is $1100 including install.

Sonic: About time on the 11 second pass. Congrats. That is all you need to in your sig from now on!

Last edited by a moderator:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Congrats, Mr. Juan Valdez. Oh wait...That's the coffee guy. Great times, Velasquez :) .

bbeers

I think I will be flying in on Friday a.m. and then drive the car home. Never driven the car more than 50 miles at time so might be fun with that kind of power.

I will post as to when Shawn will be dynoing the car. I am going to tame the boost a bit. 23 psi scares the hell outa me. I want to stick with 21.

What are your guys opinions on our bottom ends with 23 psi?

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by BPU
I think I will be flying in on Friday a.m. and then drive the car home. Never driven the car more than 50 miles at time so might be fun with that kind of power.

I will post as to when Shawn will be dynoing the car. I am going to tame the boost a bit. 23 psi scares the hell outa me. I want to stick with 21.

Britt; 21 still high for me at least. Are you running pump gas on 21?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by BPU

Im sure it would hold but with Racing Fuel......to be safe vs Sorry.

Well leaving Cali on a friday :eek: Traffic is going to be a Major PITA if u dont get out before 3pm.

jonas

Established Member
dude lacr ffw !!!! just go there!!
You will have one of the fastes 03's guaranteed

I believe brett only runs 100 octane period which means he may have some problems during the road trip home.

be surre to throw in a dish sized pully for the ride home

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Britt, since all you run is 100 octane, and you only drive your car 1/4 mile at a time, I don't think 23 psi is a super dangerous number. 21 would be safer though. As George and Allan have mentioned, you might have trouble finding 100 octane all the way home, so you might want to fill up with 100 before leaving, then maybe take a jug of 100 with you to blend with some 91 on the way home. Even then you'd want to stay below 17 psi.

Good luck.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
doh, just saw the post where you said you were gonna drive it home. :bash: you could also put the stock 9psi pulley on before driving home and not worry about detonation at all. i'm sure you'll take the car to the track asap so waiting until you get home to try the 21 psi might not be too bad. ;-)

ps - did you keep your idlers? if you decide to put the 9psi on for the trip home you'll need to take the top one off. lastly make sure you still have the stock belt. i forgot mine at superior after swapping in the smaller pulley. feel free to grab it if they didn't toss it. :beer:

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by BPU

imn not worried about the bottom end, im worried about the kb.

to 22+ you can gernade the sucker

bbeers

If any of you guys have free time of Friday morning I need a ride from John Wayne Airport to Superior. If anyone could help I will pay for a full tank of gas and breakfast. I land at 8:45 am.

If not, I will take a Town Car (they want $88 for a one way!)

Britt

602-741-7777
[email protected]

Bullitt#3441

Established Member
Have you thought about a flip chip option? With the flip chip you can have a 91 octane tune and a 100 octane tune.

I'm not sure if there is a 91 octane tune for 20+ lbs of boost but if there is it might be a nice option!

OC Guys!!!! Step up and give this guy a ride!

Users who are viewing this thread