Stock 2014 GT, Slicks and skinnies- [email protected]

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
Figured I would share. I finally got my recently purchased 2014 back to the track in some decent air. The cars mods are 15x10.275 Weld RTS with 28x10.5 M/T stiffwall ET Drags, 17x4.5 Weld RTS with 27.5 Hoosier front runners, MSD 2 step, and a line lock. The car is full stock weight, drivetrain, suspension, tune...... a factory stock car with slicks and skinnies. 1st pass launching at 5700 netted an [email protected] with a 1.57 60ft. Second pass the car pulled a 1.55 60ft and went it's best of [email protected]. 3rd pass I switched the launch rpm to 5900 rpm for a 1.56 60ft and went another [email protected]. 4th pass the track was getting cold and only pulled a 1.60 60 to an [email protected]. Pretty freaking unreal...I did not expect those times but the air was good last night also. All passes I was shifting around 6700 powershifting every gear. My buddy has some vids I hope to have up soon
20151017_122827.jpg
20151017_091720.jpg

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
I totally believe this. I did 11.91 at 115 on a loaded, 3.73 MT82 '12 with a Procal tune and 28X10 slicks on the back. Great job. I didn't find my car 60'd harder going above 4500. It was solid 1.6 at that point but wouldn't really come off that.

q6543

Established Member
Great job bro!
I hurt alot of feelings going 11.6s on a slick with a tune and orx.

Last edited:

Jdm351

Established Member
What was the DA? Did you happen to weigh the car? Congratulations. I think this is the quickest/fastest tire only coyote.

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
Thanks guys. D/A was around 550 on the first pass then dropped to 300 or so on the second pass. It went down the more as the night went on, but the car really did not respond to it. Car weighs 3680 with me in it, slicks and skinnies installed. As for launching....I tried it at 5300 first time at the track and it only netted me a 1.68 and bogged hard. I bumped it to 5600 that same night and it went a 1.60. Went 5700 rpm lauch first time out last night and it seemed about perfect. Spun about 2 revolutions and went you can see on the vid.

TungstenGT06

Established Member
That's impressive. I ran a 12.06@114 last night launching at 5000 slipping the clutch. I'm running skinny's and MT ET street R bias ply rears. Driveline is stock, but I have a bama tune with a airraid cai. I tried a 6000 launch and spun.

SCalla1384

Established Member
That's really impressive man, congrats! I figured you would have issues with torque management on the stock tune and slicks.

Not sure if it was your car or the fox, but I could definitely hear clutch protection kicking in in between shifts. Too bad you couldn't run just a stock tune with those crappy assists off. Probably would go another tenth quicker

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
That's really impressive man, congrats! I figured you would have issues with torque management on the stock tune and slicks.

Not sure if it was your car or the fox, but I could definitely hear clutch protection kicking in in between shifts. Too bad you couldn't run just a stock tune with those crappy assists off. Probably would go another tenth quicker

To be honest I had no clue these cars were equipped with that. Just did a little research on it after I read your post. I notice a lag in power after 4th more than any though. Not sure if it has anything to do with that.
I do not notice much if any in 2nd and 3rd.
Anyways...I have been catching some hell by people saying there is no way it is stock. Story behind the car is I bought it in North Carolina from a dealership with 1300 miles on it. Has 3200 on the clock now....600 being the trip back from NC. 1 previous owner that supposedly sold it to them because they were moving out of state. Bought it in June of this year. I know 100% that everything on this car is absolutely stock other than the tune. I can't say for sure because I was not provided with a hand held which is no guarantee it is stock. Anyways, I know someone that works at our local Ford dealership. I contacted him today and he is gonna try to put it on the machine tomorrow on his spare time to verify it is the stock tune. Hopefully it is but if not oh well. Gonna try to get to the track one more time before the year end.

Last edited:

lenny127

Established Member
the trap launching on a slick hard enough in sea level DA is totally believable ... the rest is just traction and solid driving man. outstanding run dude , congrats

Users who are viewing this thread