Stock 1/4 times for SVT Contours

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
that's what Demon tells me!!

Originally posted by SweetSVT99

It's actually only the 2000's that people say are underated. I tend to believe it, even though my pride says I shouldn't:cryying:

The difference between the 99's and the 00's...? The 00's have a slightly lower displacement (2.49 as opposed to 2.5L I beleive) and a higher compression ratio (10.25:1 as opposed to 10:1)... Could be wrong. :-D

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I ran a 15.0* with the mods on my sig. Little mods and tons of sterio weight. I don't know the 60' times though.

Green SVT

Established Member
I'll bet that CSVT feels like a snail now that you got that 03. I know after riding in a 98 Cobra, what little torque my car has felt non existent.

-R-

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Oh, no doubt. The Cobra has less than 500 miles on it so I havent even hammered it. Shifting at fords shiftlight, I could smoke my contour. Not dissing the Contour because if you see mine, holly shit, badass car not to mention a heak of a daily driver!!! I would post a pic of it but the size is too big all the time. I don't know what I am doing wrong???

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
heh. yeah they do feel kinda slow compared to my 03. But one heck of a daily driver and a completely different feel. The biggest difference is the clutch. heheh

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I love the gocart clutch, and for stock they handle like a dream
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
heh. yeah they do feel kinda slow compared to my 03. But one heck of a daily driver and a completely different feel. The biggest difference is the clutch. heheh

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Originally posted by SweetSVT99

It's actually only the 2000's that people say are underated. I tend to believe it, even though my pride says I shouldn't:cryying:

The difference between the 99's and the 00's...? The 00's have a slightly lower displacement (2.49 as opposed to 2.5L I beleive) and a higher compression ratio (10.25:1 as opposed to 10:1)... Could be wrong. :-D

To tell you the truth, I raced one with a 02 Sebring, 2.7l Auto (200hp) and put his front bumper at my front door till 30, ran even till about 70 when he started to ever so slightly pull on me and thats where it ended.

Impressive handling, straight line acceleration is so so.

chrisilversvt

Established Member
i ran some little punk kid in a sebring with a big fart can on it..i walked him handily all the way up to about 80-90 mph....i had at least a car length on him...u should have been able to walk a sebring in a csvt...

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by PimpJuiceFord

To tell you the truth, I raced one with a 02 Sebring, 2.7l Auto (200hp) and put his front bumper at my front door till 30, ran even till about 70 when he started to ever so slightly pull on me and thats where it ended.

Impressive handling, straight line acceleration is so so.

You are on crack.

The slushbox Sebring is no where near as fast or quick as even a stock SVT. Especially once moving and at speed.

I'll admit that SVT Contours are not quick. No high 14 to low 15 second car is.
However Sebrings, Intrepids R/T, Stratus R/T, etc are all 16 second cars which fall off the further you push them

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Figured I'd get a comment like that. Wish I had my camera. I did take him to 30, we ran even to 70 where he started to pull on me, and we shut down.

If you dont believe me, Ill have him post here to tell you...

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Figured I'd get a comment like that. Wish I had my camera. I did take him to 30, we ran even to 70 where he started to pull on me, and we shut down.

If you dont believe me, Ill have him post here to tell you...

Then you can't drive.:idea:

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
He sure could drive, he power shifts really good. Got a bark out of second, a good one infact...

Green SVT

Established Member
He sure could drive, he power shifts really good. Got a bark out of second, a good one infact...
Barking 2nd is actually quite easy. But its not an indication of driving the car well. I've noticed the difference between a good launch and a bad launch can be a couple carlengths or more. For example, with a 2.5 60' I ran a 15.7. With a 2.6, I ran 16.1.

-R-

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Either way, the Sebring gets alot of credit for running with a SVT Contour...now if he started to make turns, he'd lose me :)

Swazo

Established Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread