Stock 1/4 times for SVT Contours

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by PimpJuiceFord
Either way, the Sebring gets alot of credit for running with a SVT Contour...now if he started to make turns, he'd lose me :)
Thats exactly it. Handling is what these cars were designed for. Str8 line rockets these cars certainly are not. But while the family is still asleep on the weekends, thats when the fun starts.:p I had a run in with a Lightning about a year ago on the highway. On the str8s he was basically playing with me. But when the road got curvy I just left him. Unfortunately the road got str8 again and you can pretty much guess what happened. I just wish people would give these cars the credit they're due. They are alot more fun than people think.

-R-

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Exactly!!! That is what is making me keep mine, and the blown engine. I was thinking about getting a Lightning, but all in all, I think the CSVT is more fun. Now granted the big ol' brick will be faster but, man you can't beat flying around corners and stopping darn quick!!!!

Originally posted by Green SVT

They are alot more fun than people think.

-R-

Green SVT

Established Member
My wife has an Acura 3.2TL Type-S. Definitely faster than my car. But on off-ramps and such, she has no chance.;-) And to further boost my ego, I beat her once from a high speed roll. This car does alright. As long as you're doing like 80mph or above.:shrug:

-R-

Swazo

Established Member
It's not that I'm trying to talk smack, it's just that out of ALL the car's I'd question even mess with........THE SEABRING NEVER, EVER............E-V-E-R is one I have problems with. So unless Superman was peeing in that gas tank...............:shrug:

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Maybe you oughta race me? The 2.7l V6 is strong...same HP as you contours, but I have about 15-20 more ftlbs of torque...

I took him to 30-40, and ran even till we hit 75 and he was gonna pull on me but we shut down.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Same HP maybe, but you have a slush box? thats the killer, I'm trying to stay outta this one tho!

Swazo

Established Member
Maybe you oughta race me? The 2.7l V6 is strong...same HP as you contours, but I have about 15-20 more ftlbs of torque...

I took him to 30-40, and ran even till we hit 75 and he was gonna pull on me but we shut down.

Wow, talk about the wrong forum for the wrong car. Now...."Pimp", if you really want to waist my time rather than all the Geo Metro's you've been buggin............bring it. Talk is talk and you've been yammering about your Seabring that barely beat your friend with no driving skills. Is it going to take me raping another Seabring on MPEG...........or maybe we can cross paths some how??? :loser: :burnout:

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Im a ford man, no need to flame me! Now come on, I barely ever race, the SVT Contour was one of like, 2. Plus, he can drive, theres no doubt to it. If you're stock, I'd like to race you.

chrisilversvt

Established Member
Im a ford man, no need to flame me! Now come on, I barely ever race, the SVT Contour was one of like, 2. Plus, he can drive, theres no doubt to it. If you're stock, I'd like to race you.

once again if you beat your buddy in that sebring then:

1. either he cant drive!!
2. you have nitrous on the sebring!
3. your buddy needs to check his engine(must be running on 4 cylinders)
4. you guys were smoking crack,and were too high to remember what happened...

hp ratings mean nothing....your slushbox sebring is not faster i repeat not faster than a csvt that is in good running order with even a decent driver behind the wheel....

Green SVT

Established Member
Why don't we just call it a draw and leave it at that . We weren't there so who knows. He said he had him beat to 30. The CSVT madeup ground til 70 where he said it was obvious the tour was gonna start pulling away. Doesn't sound impossible. This is one of the reasons I don't post about races I've won. I've beaten cars I shouldn't have had a chance against. But it just turns into an argument on the forums. Just call it a tie.

-R-

Last edited:

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Good post there, Green SVT :beer:

I, too, should have known better than to post it on the forum. I have 4 witnesses of the race, which include me having a passenger, and a car behind us.

Again, ill lay out the story. I put about 1/2 car on him by 30, then he pulled even, every shift we stayed even....right about 70-75 he started to pull slightly and I let off due to traffic.

Swazo

Established Member
Ok, ok, ok.........
Let's just say that was a freak accident if anything. I'd say race your friend where traffic won't stop the fun. Put it to the test and you'll see why everyone is being rubbed the wrong way.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
I still think it was the crack... :burn:

I mean it's a full second and 5 mph slower (bench racing) and then it pulls away once at speed too.

Either crack or bullsh^t... I was being nice saying crack... :loser:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Heres the deal, if your SVT Contour was beat by a Sebring, id take off the rims, and body kit, and call it a sport. ...then go hide in the corner for the rest of your life, cause thats pathetic.

Thank god I own the L, not much can beat me now.:thumbsup:

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Thanks for reading my posts.

Considering I never said I have a SVT Contour:dw:

I have a Sebring and a F150...I was driving the sebring. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread