Stock 1/4 mile time in cobra

Chitownsvt04

I went to the drag strip today and couldnt pull better than a 2.0 60' time and best pass was a 13.0 at 107mph just curious as to what others have pulled I have a jlt short ram intake pypes o/r x pipe mac cat back and nitto drag radials.... and any advice on how to launch with the irs would be greatly appreciated thanks

Spoolx

Established Member
Mine is almost all stock, only has catback, or xpipe and shifter and I went 12.9 @107 last night on street tires

cbr repsol

Established Member
Mine is almost all stock, only has catback, or xpipe and shifter and I went 12.9 @107 last night on street tires

Thats were they are pretty much stock unless u really suck at driving.

Improve you 60ft and you will get better times. G/L:beer:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
12.6-12.9 seems to be good stock time for bone stock, but u have dr's and intake exaust, then thats horrible no offense, you just need driver mod deff, and 107 is very low mph, I have seen 109-112 for bone stock 1's , for example a friend of my when he bought his new back in summer of 2002 he was trapping 115+ with ur mods on his and ran high 12's bone stock @110+

hotcobra03

Established Member
times

my best was 12.9 @114..with exhaust and canned tune street tires

13.0 to 13.4 is average for me and i need a driver mod to...

this is normal driving,,,cant see killing my car for a 12.5

Cobra2be

Established Member
I was always slipping the clutch out. tires wouldn't hold a dump and massive wheel hop will really limit your 60 because you need to get right out of it.

so basically if you don't have a beefed up rear end then slipping could be the way to go, but if you beef up a bit then you could dump without the wheel hop issue? sorry i'm a newb and still don't even own one of these cars but i'm learning all i can now before i get one!

metaman

Established Member
With the nittos, you really need to do a good smokey 2nd gear burn out to get them sticky. Pull around the water, back into the wet area just in front of the puddle. Rev to 4 grand, dump the clutch, and lightly apply some brakes to hold the car. When it starts to grab, let off the brakes and allow the car to move forward until it grabs a little. They will hook way better if you do this.

On top of that you should preload the drive train before launching.

You do this by pulling up the parking brake when staged. Keep the button pressed in. Then as you start to let the clutch out, allow the parking brake to resist the power for just a moment to take the slack out of the drivetrain and then slam it down, let the clutch out, and floor it. If you get the rpms and timing on this right then you can launch really good without the dreaded bog. It is best to practice this with the car turned off sitting in the drive way before trying it at the track.

Last edited:

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
12.3 @ 114 1.79 60' on Nitto 555Rs. Mods are UPR O/R X, Bassani catback, K&N FIPK, and canned SCT tune. That's it!!!

12.2 @ 117.9 with just a K&N FIPK, SLP cat back, 315-35-17 Nitto's an iced down blower and the driver mod.

IMG_0606.jpg

I just got the car pullied and tuned last week

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
My et was shit but my trap was good. I went a fastest of 13.3 at 110 bone stock on stock 275 f1's. This was in my old silver 04.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I went to the drag strip today and couldnt pull better than a 2.0 60' time and best pass was a 13.0 at 107mph just curious as to what others have pulled I have a jlt short ram intake pypes o/r x pipe mac cat back and nitto drag radials.... and any advice on how to launch with the irs would be greatly appreciated thanks

Best way is to leave the lights a little more aggressive than leaving your regular light. If you try and get creative, you may break something with those tires.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
If you drive like me, 13.1 @ 115..... :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread