Stock 03 needs mods

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Just got my 03 finally, gotta make some changes though. Its got SLP from the muffler back and a K&N filter. Thinking about a pulley kit...found one on rpm outlet for a thousand, said it was good for 125ish rwhp, but heard bad things about that place. Lookin for 500hp with stock eaton.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Do the IRS brace, smaller pulley and a tune, for under a thousand and you will get 450+ rwhp and 470+ rwtq for under a thousand. Once you toast the rear tires (won't take long if they are stock) replace them with a drag radial and learn to experience the car all over again.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
add a 2.8 upper and a good tune and you should see 420s-430s hp and a little higher torque than that on a proper reading mustang dyno.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Is the stock lower a 7.5? Doesnt a bigger lower make more boost? If so then why do people usually go with a 4lb lower as well as a 2.8? That seems to be a popular combo, but I just dont understand it.

twhitey

Established Member
To spin the blower harder to create more boost. Buy the IRS brace and a upper pulley and contact tuners that are local to see what hand held they use. I had real good results from a 2.76 pulley and a tune.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Do the IRS brace, smaller pulley and a tune, for under a thousand and you will get 450+ rwhp and 470+ rwtq for under a thousand. Once you toast the rear tires (won't take long if they are stock) replace them with a drag radial and learn to experience the car all over again.
ver well said :beer:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly you could do yourself a huge service to hang on to your money for a bit and just do some reading on here for a couple weeks. After that you'll know a lot more about how to proceed and what results to expect.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Very good advice, thanks guys. I've been waiting on this car for years now and have been researching off and on for just as long, just cant ever decide. Think im gonna get an SCT and wait a little while for something else. Thanks for all the advice!

Steve2050

Established Member
Honestly you could do yourself a huge service to hang on to your money for a bit and just do some reading on here for a couple weeks. After that you'll know a lot more about how to proceed and what results to expect.
This advice is gold. I'd also look into FLSFC's before adding power to it. You'll love this car.

Steve2050

Established Member
FLSFC= full length sub frame connectors. They are a must for these cars if you intend to put any kind of power down. Since the construction is unibody, the FLSFC's will tie the car together and add rigidity.

Users who are viewing this thread