Stingers = The shi*

99svtvert

I like mine. The drone at 2000 RPM is sort of irritating and the fit was pretty good. The two tailpipes want to touch on the final bend to the tips too on my 99 Cobra. They are less tham 3/4" apart on mine.

But overall they have a great tone.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Man that sounds Fantastic. I"m also on the hunt for a catback for my 03. I'm working right now on ending that hunt with the Stingers!.

I gotta ask though.. Are you running the Stock Hpipe or is there an O/R Pipe on your car?

Also does anyone know how this CB compares in the Drone issue to say magnaflows?

Thanks!

B

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Well.. I was prepared to Paypal a guy on the board selling his catback.. I pm'd him this morning that I definitely want it.. Then I read his Forsale Thread and see he posted a Sold to "Another Member" :nonono: figures!.. Always happens to me..

So where did you get yours? are they still $699 something new or did I hear right that the prices have recently dropped some?

Thanks
B.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Well.. I was prepared to Paypal a guy on the board selling his catback.. I pm'd him this morning that I definitely want it.. Then I read his Forsale Thread and see he posted a Sold to "Another Member" :nonono: figures!.. Always happens to me..

So where did you get yours? are they still $699 something new or did I hear right that the prices have recently dropped some?

Thanks
B.
Proficient Performance http://www.proficientperformance.co...ry_Code=bor_cat-back_ford_cobra&Store_Code=PP
but you may be able to get a better deal from Nino @ ninosport

UR-SNAKE-B8

Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
OMG! I just installed them today. Install was easy as pie, even for someone like me. Everything fit together perfectly. I only have one wieird problem, the passenger side tip hangs about .25 inch lower than the drivers side, i tried everything. The only thing i could think of was i noticed where the hanger on the tip slides into, it seemed to move around a lot, so i may get a new one and try that. It actually doesnt look to bad. I went for a short drive, and i love them! Nice deep idle,sounds just loud enough at full throttle, and the SOTP dyno( :smmon: ) felt like the car had more pull! I give them a 4.9/5 becuase of a little bit of drone. Ill get some Video And Pics in a few hours.

Video
Stinger Vid
Dude your video just made up my mind STINGERS for me! :rockon: i Cant believe your car sounds that awesome with a stock 4 cat H-pipe, thats just amazing. I cant even emagine it with O/R H-pipe or X-pipe. It would probably be to loud then. How much did the cat-back cost ya??

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
UR-SNAKE-B8 said:
Dude your video just made up my mind STINGERS for me! :rockon: i Cant believe your car sounds that awesome with a stock 4 cat H-pipe, thats just amazing. I cant even emagine it with O/R H-pipe or X-pipe. It would probably be to loud then. How much did the cat-back cost ya??
$674.99 shipped, but they just raised the price. Yea i love it with the stock H, just perfect.

UR-SNAKE-B8

Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
$674.99 shipped, but they just raised the price. Yea i love it with the stock H, just perfect.
$675.00 Ouch... um yeah thats really gonna pissed my old lady off.... Probly wont get my noodle wet for quiet awile.... but thats ok.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
UR-SNAKE-B8 said:
$675.00 Ouch... um yeah thats really gonna pissed my old lady off.... Probly wont get my noodle wet for quiet awile.... but thats ok.
i heard Nino @ ninosport might be a bit cheaper :smmon:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Same price at Nino.. Actually $673.51 to be exact. Just in comparison.. I found Exteme Exhaust.com is selling the Magnaflow for $349 plus shipping..

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Not from what I could find.. The cheapest on ebay is currently $499.85 for the Magnaflow #15644

try calling one of the sellers, like "performancepeddler" that's who i got mine through...the price on the auction is NOT what they'll sell it for, magnaflow won't let them ADVERTISE for less than a certain amount, but they can sell for less....call their 800 number and talk to them...i think you'll be surprised by what you hear on the price....

EDIT : i just talked to the guy and he gave me a price....PM me if you wanna know what it is.....

Last edited:

motorCITY

Established Member
Congrats! Those sound & look great ~ :banana:

. . . and the background w/the mountains was simply awesome in that 2nd video!

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
motorCITY said:
Congrats! Those sound & look great ~ :banana:

. . . and the background w/the mountains was simply awesome in that 2nd video!
:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread