Stingers = The shi*

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
OMG! I just installed them today. Install was easy as pie, even for someone like me. Everything fit together perfectly. I only have one wieird problem, the passenger side tip hangs about .25 inch lower than the drivers side, i tried everything. The only thing i could think of was i noticed where the hanger on the tip slides into, it seemed to move around a lot, so i may get a new one and try that. It actually doesnt look to bad. I went for a short drive, and i love them! Nice deep idle,sounds just loud enough at full throttle, and the SOTP dyno( :smmon: ) felt like the car had more pull! I give them a 4.9/5 becuase of a little bit of drone. Ill get some Video And Pics in a few hours.
tips_r.jpg

Video
Stingers #1
Stingers #2

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I bet that thing sounds good. If you have any cats on the car cut them off then listen to the stingers.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
I bet that thing sounds good. If you have any cats on the car cut them off then listen to the stingers.
yea, i love it :burnout: :thumbsup:

SNAKEY

Established Member
LTHLBLU, I have to agree 100%. I have them w/ upr x and they sound crazy. Always get ton of attention while driving.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Ok heres a vid: 2.64MB WMV
Stinger Vid
excuse the quality, its from my old digicam, best i could do

Last edited:

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
My passenger side tip does the same thing! not very noticeable but kind of annoying.

LTHLBLU said:
OMG! I just installed them today. Install was easy as pie, even for someone like me. Everything fit together perfectly. I only have one wieird problem, the passenger side tip hangs about .25 inch lower than the drivers side, i tried everything. The only thing i could think of was i noticed where the hanger on the tip slides into, it seemed to move around a lot, so i may get a new one and try that. It actually doesnt look to bad. I went for a short drive, and i love them! Nice deep idle,sounds just loud enough at full throttle, and the SOTP dyno( :smmon: ) felt like the car had more pull! I give them a 4.9/5 becuase of a little bit of drone. Ill get some Video And Pics in a few hours.

Video
Stinger Vid

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
casey99COBRA said:
My passenger side tip does the same thing! not very noticeable but kind of annoying.
yea, i heard a few people had the same problem, it looks fine but it just one of those little things.

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
LTHLBLU !!!

Wife and I thank you for the Vid !

We have wanted this kit for some time now.

We have SLP on 02 GT, Maganfow packs on the 97 GT, Magnaflow on the 89 LX.

Still looking for cat back 0n the 01 Cobra.

Borla Stinger it is !!!

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
01LaserCobra said:
LTHLBLU !!!

Wife and I thank you for the Vid !

We have wanted this kit for some time now.

We have SLP on 02 GT, Maganfow packs on the 97 GT, Magnaflow on the 89 LX.

Still looking for cat back 0n the 01 Cobra.

Borla Stinger it is !!!
haha, np, i know how helpfull vids can be

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
:thumbsup: great sounding exhaust, going with the similar sounding Loudmouths myself can't wait to here them scream myself... :thumbsup:

8urvett

Established Member
Sounds great, now if the set I ordered back on the 16th of feb would ever show up!:( Well actually a set did show up...........for a gt. Man.......so now I am playing the waiting game again!

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
8urvett said:
Sounds great, now if the set I ordered back on the 16th of feb would ever show up!:( Well actually a set did show up...........for a gt. Man.......so now I am playing the waiting game again!
yea, aprrentley there is a 3-4 week backorder from Borla, luckily Profcient performance found a set and got them to me :)

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
i also wanted to thank WD40, if it wasnt for that, i dont think i could installed it myself lol

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
i also wanted to thank WD40, if it wasnt for that, i dont think i could installed it myself lol

yeah those hangers are f'in bull shit without it.

Users who are viewing this thread